Rendering same clips over and over...

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

AllenMoore

Rendering same clips over and over...

PostThu Oct 21, 2021 2:32 am

I have a project/timeline with 24 individual clips on the timeline. I am trying to render each clip individually. For some reason, Resolve is rendering only the last two clips (23 and 24) no matter what settings I use. For example, if I add only the first one, two or three clips to the render queue, Resolve will not render those - only the last two. Even if I try to render the entire timeline (24 clips in all) as a single rendered timeline, it will still only render the last two clips. Any ideas?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Rendering same clips over and over...

PostThu Oct 21, 2021 4:26 am

It sounds like you are overwriting clips with the later renders.. do u have use unique file names set?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Andy Mees

Re: Rendering same clips over and over...

PostThu Oct 21, 2021 6:54 am

AllenMoore wrote:Resolve is rendering only the last two clips (23 and 24) no matter what settings I use.
Any ideas?

Might be worth just checking that you have 'Render' (top centre of the Deliver Page Timeline area) set to 'Entire Timeline' and not In/Out Range and/or that you haven't set a In/Out range encompassing only the last two clips.
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Return to DaVinci Resolve