Can't Comnect to Database and projects (after re-naming it?)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

manuel_troendle

Can't Comnect to Database and projects (after re-naming it?)

PostThu Oct 21, 2021 9:36 pm

Dear community,

I have a huge problem acceessing hundreds of projects! I created a Database on an external Raid, connected via USBC. I work on all my projects there, and usually, when i open up DR it shows all my projects, if the Raid is connected. I recently renamed the "Resolve Database" Folder on the drive to "000_Main_Resolve_Database." I opened up DR and it couldnt connect to the Raid, all the projects are not showing up. I tried to "Connect Database", but if i select the Re-Named Database on the Raid, the window just re-opens and nothing happens. I would be so thankful for quick help since our entire workflow is demanding on this database and we cant find any way to open up projects.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Can't Comnect to Database and projects (after re-naming

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 1:02 am

Renaming a database path is not advisable.

Can you name it as it was before?

If the doesn't work, use your backup to restore everything?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

John Paines

Re: Can't Comnect to Database and projects (after re-naming

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 3:02 am

If Peter's suggestion fails, I would move the renamed database to an internal drive -- get it off USB -- and then try again to connect. If that doesn't work, rename the renamed database but this time without special characters (like the underscore you used). Then try again to connect.

If *that* doesn't work and you don't have project or database backups, you may have to copy the projects manually from the renamed database to a newly created one, using the OS.

Return to DaVinci Resolve