Subtitles --- Background now broken in 17.4

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Andy Mees

Subtitles --- Background now broken in 17.4

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 8:45 am

Did you just throw the baby out with the bathwater in 17.4?
I'm opening old projects and my fixed width background subtitles are now hosed.
And I seem to be no longer able to create new subtitles on new projects with a fixed background size.

I'm well aware that many folks have been clamouring for adaptive background size support, and I fully supported adding that option too ... I'm just not understanding why you've now taken away the support you already had for fixed size backgrounds, including retroactively f*****g any older projects that made use of them, and making it impossible to do anything other than adaptive backgrounds going forward?

What gives?
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

michelezweifel

Re: Subtitles --- Background now broken in 17.4

PostMon Oct 25, 2021 12:54 pm

I absolutely agree. We've just had all our current and previous projects messed up by losing the option of fixed width backgrounds.
I don't understand why this option was taken away when auto-sized backgrounds were added. To have both would be good...

Black Winter

PostSat Oct 30, 2021 4:30 pm

Thank you Blackmagic for fixing the subtitle background issue in 17.4.1! Checking the "Override Sizing" Box has now brought my formatting back.

michelezweifel

PostMon Nov 15, 2021 3:57 pm

Yes! The "override sizing" is a lifesaver! Thank you Blackmagic for fixing it so quickly.

Return to DaVinci Resolve