problems with full view/clean feed

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

WildlifeVideo

problems with full view/clean feed

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 3:16 pm

[b]ANSWER: Need to do the settings on the Edit not the cut page.[/b]

My systems is a Ryzen 9 5900x and a RX 6700XT 12 GB GPU with 32 gigs of ram, 1 gig SSD, 6 TB internal, 15 gig extral 7200 spinner.

I am running a 27" monitor (direct port) and a 50" 4K TV (HDMI). TV is #1 and monitor is #2.

Workspace reports dual monitor is on and I cannot turn it "off", and primary display reports the 4K as primary (as does my windows 10 PRO). However Clean video feed says none and will not let me check the monitor as my feed..

However my speed editor can show a full screen video when I press full view button.

How do I get a clean feed/full view to show on monitor 2?

Thanks.
Ryzen 9 5900x and a RX 6700XT 12 GB GPU with 64 gigs of 3600 ram, two 1 gig SSD, 6 TB internal, 15 gig external 7200 spinners.
Resolve Studio, Creative Cloud (PS/LR), Studio One v6, Mercalli SA v6 AI

Sean Nelson

Re: problems with full view/clean feed

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 5:39 pm

Sometimes I get into a situation where the second monitor of my dual monitor mode is trying to display on the same monitor as the main monitor. The way I get out of this is to select a page, like the media page or the delivery page, that only shows one screen even in dual monitor mode. That lets me get to the menu bar so that I can turn off dual monitor mode and then reset it the way I want.

Having only two monitors means that you can't use dual monitor mode and video clean feed at the same time, because that requires three different monitors.
DR Studio 18.6.4 Build 6, Win10Pro x64 22H2/19045.3570
Asus C246 Pro Motherboard, Xeon E-2278G@3.4GHz, 64GB ECC RAM
GeForce 3060 12GB, "Studio" driver 512.15
OS,Library: 1TB NVMe SSD - Project,Cache: 1TB NVMe SSD

GalinMcMahon

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 5:57 pm

Multi monitors on Resolve is hokey, or so I've found. I would suggest setting it up how you like and creating a preset. I've found that to be very helpful. You'd want to do single monitor and then clean feed to your external. If it's not the right one, change the main monitor (sorry, that nomenclature is off but I'm not at a Resolve computer now.)
Water cooled Windows 11 laptop
i9 12th gen - 64GB RAM - 16GB 3080ti
2TB 4th gen nvme main - 4TB 4th gen nvme scratch
Micro panel (thank you BM :) ) - Stream Deck
Resolve Studio 18.5
BenQ ultrawide - DeckLink 4k mini via Sonnet - 48” LG C2 OLED

WildlifeVideo

PostSat Oct 23, 2021 2:37 pm

Thank you Sean and Galin. I have now two presets that setup the way I need. After using Vegas for 15 years and Resolve for 3 months still learning.
Ryzen 9 5900x and a RX 6700XT 12 GB GPU with 64 gigs of 3600 ram, two 1 gig SSD, 6 TB internal, 15 gig external 7200 spinners.
Resolve Studio, Creative Cloud (PS/LR), Studio One v6, Mercalli SA v6 AI

Marc Wielage

PostSun Oct 24, 2021 12:01 am

GalinMcMahon wrote:Multi monitors on Resolve is hokey, or so I've found. I would suggest setting it up how you like and creating a preset. I've found that to be very helpful. You'd want to do single monitor and then clean feed to your external. If it's not the right one, change the main monitor (sorry, that nomenclature is off but I'm not at a Resolve computer now.)

We do fine with three displays: 2 for Resolve GUI, and then the color-managed display for judging color. We do use several Layout Presets depending on whether we're doing Color or Editing or Conforming or whatever, and we move around and change the size of the on-screen panels.

We cheat and use a second computer for external scopes, so that accounts for the 4th display.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve