Resolve 17.4 under windows 11 not working

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Francesco Bollorino

Resolve 17.4 under windows 11 not working

PostSat Oct 23, 2021 3:59 pm

I had to downgrade to the previous 17.3.2 version in order to be able to work
The problem is the rendering in my TRX40 workstation.
There also a problem of size of the program windows
Summing up: a mess!!!!
WE NEED A PATCH AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Last edited by Francesco Bollorino on Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Francesco Bollorino
Editor of Psychiatry on line Italia
Thematic Channel on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/PsychiatryonlineITA1

Francesco Bollorino

Re: RESOLVE STUDIO 17.4 UNDER WINDOWS 11 DOESNT WORK!!!

PostSun Oct 24, 2021 5:10 am

My System:
WINDOW 11
TRX40 AURUS XTREME
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core Processor, 3700 Mhz, 32 core
Ram 128 GB
AMD 5700XT
PS I do suspect some conflict with AMD hardware/software. PLEASE CONTROLL BMD!!!!!
Last edited by Francesco Bollorino on Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
Francesco Bollorino

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve 17.4 on windows 11 not working

PostSun Oct 24, 2021 6:06 am

Please refrain from all caps
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Francesco Bollorino

PostSun Oct 24, 2021 7:14 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Please refrain from all caps

done but the problem remains on the new version
Dear Peter have you some solution to the greatest bug in Resolve history?
Francesco Bollorino

Dieter Scheel

PostSun Oct 24, 2021 11:13 am

Francesco Bollorino wrote:

Is there any reason why you use Windows 11? I mean, is there any advantage to it (besides a lot of software not working anymore?). I guess the best solution is to use a stable Windows 10 since I don't see any reason to update to a yet unstable OS.
Resolve Studio 18.6 | Linux Mint 21.3 'Virginia' | 32 GB | i7 | RTX2070 8 GB (535.161.07) | 2 TB SSD | 48 TB NAS
Lenovo Legion | Resolve Studio 18.6 | Linux Mint 21.3 'Virginia' | 16 GB | i5 | GTX1650 4 GB (535.161.07) | 1.25 TB SSD

Francesco Bollorino

PostMon Oct 25, 2021 4:11 am

Dieter Scheel wrote:

Is there any reason why you use Windows 11? I mean, is there any advantage to it (besides a lot of software not working anymore?). I guess the best solution is to use a stable Windows 10 since I don't see any reason to update to a yet unstable OS.

As 17.3 works fine the problem is NOT mine but of BMD with 17.4. I do think I'm free to use the OS I want as BMD has built 17.4 for M1 MAX SoC I DO THINK that they have to solve the problems (if any) with Win 11.
No indication of uncompatibility with WIN 11!!!
I'm wainting for a reply from BMD and most of all for a new 17.4.1 WIN 11 version of the App!!!!!
This is my opinion and this is what BMD has to do
Francesco Bollorino

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Oct 25, 2021 4:16 am

Hi Francesco

I'm linking Dwaine's post on what info to include when reporting startup issues.

Regards
Shrinivas
In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.

Francesco Bollorino

PostMon Oct 25, 2021 4:22 am

Shrinivas Ramani wrote:Hi Francesco

I'm linking Dwaine's post on what info to include when reporting startup issues.

Regards
Shrinivas

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.

I DONT SEE ANY CaptureLogs to run!!! it's just a little complicated to me to do this, Dear Shrinivas, I actually have the 17.3.2 version as I have downgrade to it and it works fine under WIN11. Help me to find a more simple way to tray to help youCan I send the zip to an email address?
Francesco Bollorino

Francesco Bollorino

PostMon Oct 25, 2021 5:02 am

HERE My Log File FROM RESOLVE:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u3yqclagwlsij ... 2.zip?dl=0

Shrinivas Ramani wrote:Hi Francesco

Regards
Shrinivas

and run CaptureLogs

Last edited by Francesco Bollorino on Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Francesco Bollorino

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve 17.4 under windows 11 not working AT ALL

PostMon Oct 25, 2021 8:11 am

ive delete the duplicate posts for the same issue..please one thread per ...

and please no yelling/shouting /all caps
i have asked above.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Francesco Bollorino

Re: Resolve 17.4 under windows 11 not working AT ALL

PostMon Oct 25, 2021 10:06 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:ive delete the duplicate posts for the same issue..please one thread per ...

and please no yelling/shouting /all caps
i have asked above.

OK but i see it as a real little problem against the 17.4 mess
Am I wrong?
Francesco Bollorino

ReneRotterdam

Re: Resolve 17.4 under windows 11 not working

PostMon Oct 25, 2021 12:10 pm

See this article of Pugetsystems.

is Windows 11 ready for video editing ?

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/artic ... ting-2236/

It's never a great idea to make two different leaps in software, when you want to easily figure out what's wrong with any of those programs.

anyway, hope it helps.
Rene A. Hazekamp

HP Z840 // 2x E2680v4 // RTX 4070 // Studio 18.5.1
Macbook air M1

robwuijster

PostMon Oct 25, 2021 12:22 pm

As 17.3 works fine the problem is NOT mine but of BMD with 17.4. I do think I'm free to use the OS I want as BMD has built 17.4 for M1 MAX SoC I DO THINK that they have to solve the problems (if any) with Win 11.
I'm wainting for a reply from BMD and most of all for a new 17.4.1 WIN 11 version of the App!!!!!

You're upgrading to a completely new, mostly untested OS by most companies.
Companies who deal with slightly more complex software than Office or a internet browser.

The fact that you cannot see any mentioning of incompatibility of Win11 on the website doesn't mean IT IS......
There's tons of software out there that is not compatible yet with W11.
I had this conversation just recently about Houdini and Win11. Same issue.

Take a step back, and see you're the one who made assumptions, and messed up in the process.
But blaming BMD is the easiest route here it seems.

Sorry, but I'm getting a bit pissed about people complaining about stuff after moving to Win11 and expect everything to work just fine. Do your research before diving in.

Heck, most of my hardware doesn't even has Win11 certified drivers yet. Also I have no intention of moving to Win11 until I have too. Too much stuff changed under the hood, and hardware issues already arise all over the place tdue to the new requirements,
Windows 11 ⊕ Resolve Studio 18.6.5 b7 ⊕ ASUS PRIME X670E-Pro ⊕ AMD Ryzen 9-7900X ⊕ Arctic Liquid Cooler II ⊕ 64GB RAM ⊕ OS SSD Samsung 980Pro 2Tb ⊕ Cache SSD Samsung 870 EVO 1Tb ⊕ Video HD WD Blue 4Tb ⊕ Geforce RTX 3060 12Gb ⊕ BenQ SW270C ⊕ Dell U2412M

Francesco Bollorino

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 6:25 am

DONT YOU THINK that it's a duty of BMD to solve Resolve problems? Is it not important to TEST BEFORE THE LAUNCH an app?
I love both gears and app from BMD BUT It's boring to read this kind of ex officio defense (BMD is not your mother but simply the supplier of your editing app) that BMD does not need
Ok if so I totally desagree with you guy

robwuijster wrote:

You're upgrading to a completely new, mostly untested OS by most companies.
Companies who deal with slightly more complex software than Office or a internet browser.

The fact that you cannot see any mentioning of incompatibility of Win11 on the website doesn't mean IT IS......
There's tons of software out there that is not compatible yet with W11.
I had this conversation just recently about Houdini and Win11. Same issue.

Take a step back, and see you're the one who made assumptions, and messed up in the process.
But blaming BMD is the easiest route here it seems.

Sorry, but I'm getting a bit pissed about people complaining about stuff after moving to Win11 and expect everything to work just fine. Do your research before diving in.

Heck, most of my hardware doesn't even has Win11 certified drivers yet. Also I have no intention of moving to Win11 until I have too. Too much stuff changed under the hood, and hardware issues already arise all over the place tdue to the new requirements,
Francesco Bollorino

Noerde

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 6:52 am

Francesco Bollorino wrote:it's a duty of BMD to solve Resolve problems?

I don't think so. It's their best interest to do so, but they are not obliged to support an OS version released only couple of weeks back - in my opinion.

As far as I have seen and understood they work in sprints and release more or less one version every month, so most likely they will look into possible W11 issues in the next sprint. You can make a fix happen by providing detailed error reports and logs that can be created with the provided tools. In general shouting doesn't help, it just irritates other people reading this thread.

Nick2021

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 7:00 am

Francesco Bollorino wrote:DONT YOU THINK that it's a duty of BMD to solve Resolve problems? Is it not important to TEST BEFORE THE LAUNCH an app?

I don't think I've seen anybody else mention issues. That might mean the issue is your specific set of hardware and drivers.

I'm not sure how YOU expect them to fix it without at least a little help from YOU

There are a billion Windows users with about 100 million different setups. Guess what you might just be unlucky

robwuijster

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 10:56 am

Francesco Bollorino wrote:DONT YOU THINK that it's a duty of BMD to solve Resolve problems? Is it not important to TEST BEFORE THE LAUNCH an app?
I love both gears and app from BMD BUT It's boring to read this kind of ex officio defense (BMD is not your mother but simply the supplier of your editing app) that BMD does not need

You can disagree till you see blue in the face, but there's NO posting on the BM website stating Win11 -is- compatible....

You messed up without doing the research before, and now blaming other people.
Again, nobody in his right mind is moving a system like DR onto a completely new OS and expecting it to work flawlessly.

Bitch about it as long as you want, but you know you're wrong here in this one.

What you can do, is supply the guysd at BM witrh lots of information, so they can see what's going on.
Windows 11 ⊕ Resolve Studio 18.6.5 b7 ⊕ ASUS PRIME X670E-Pro ⊕ AMD Ryzen 9-7900X ⊕ Arctic Liquid Cooler II ⊕ 64GB RAM ⊕ OS SSD Samsung 980Pro 2Tb ⊕ Cache SSD Samsung 870 EVO 1Tb ⊕ Video HD WD Blue 4Tb ⊕ Geforce RTX 3060 12Gb ⊕ BenQ SW270C ⊕ Dell U2412M

Francesco Bollorino

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 4:04 pm

I SEE A LOT OF POSTS ABOUT THE BUGS ON 17.4 ALSO UNDER WIN 10
So I'm not the only one to ask for a new realease.
Again BND doesnt need advocates or "adeste fideles" but only serious costumers to satisfy with good products as usual

robwuijster wrote:

You can disagree till you see blue in the face, but there's NO posting on the BM website stating Win11 -is- compatible....

You messed up without doing the research before, and now blaming other people.
Again, nobody in his right mind is moving a system like DR onto a completely new OS and expecting it to work flawlessly.

Bitch about it as long as you want, but you know you're wrong here in this one.

What you can do, is supply the guysd at BM witrh lots of information, so they can see what's going on.
Francesco Bollorino

TheBloke

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 4:21 pm

Francesco Bollorino wrote:only serious costumers
Resolve Studio 17.4.3 and Fusion Studio 17.4.3 on macOS 11.6.1

Hackintosh:: X299, Intel i9-10980XE, 128GB DDR4, AMD 6900XT 16GB
Monitors: 1 x 3840x2160 & 3 x 1920x1200
Disk: 2TB NVMe + 4TB RAID0 NVMe; NAS: 36TB RAID6
BMD Speed Editor

Sarasota

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 6:05 pm

Francesco Bollorino wrote:I SEE A LOT OF POSTS ABOUT THE BUGS ON 17.4 ALSO UNDER WIN 10
Again BND doesnt need advocates or "adeste fideles" but only serious costumers to satisfy with good products as usual

Not posting as an "advocate" or going to tell you what to do (you're an adult). That said, my advise is don't be an early adopter of any Operating System until most of the bugs and issues are fleshed out. The stability of any software package running on Windows 11 is unknown and Win11 is in it's infancy (so there will be issues).

Second piece of advice is you may want to stop typing in CAPS because it's usually taken as yelling or screaming -- and my experience is people tend to not respond well to, or, want to help someone who is yelling at them.

Just saying.... ;)
Resolve Studio 18.5.1 | Asus Proart MB | i9 10850k | 128gb ram | Gigabyte RTX 3080 | Decklink Studio 4k 6G | *1x RME UFX+ | 1x MOTU 24i/O | 2x MOTU 896MK3 | 1x MOTU 828MKII | Win 11 Pro | Display Driver: 546.33 SD | Audio Drivers: v1.21-TB

Andrew Kolakowski

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 6:42 pm

Francesco Bollorino wrote:I SEE A LOT OF POSTS ABOUT THE BUGS ON 17.4 ALSO UNDER WIN 10

And yet you updated to 17.4?
What is the new feature in 17.4 which you desperately needed and updated it for ?

Not sure who you blame (you don't know yet that BM initial releases are never perfect)? I don't use Resolve for any production and never update straight away. Wait few weeks, read comments and possibly update. Best is always to wait at least for next update after initial 'main" update.
Next releases don't happen within days. It will take time for next release as no one is going to fix just 1 problem. BM will collect all initial complains and then fix them.
You can only blame yourself.

Not going to mention that such a rushed update to Win11 was your even bigger mistake. Did you have any problems with established Win10?

Francesco Bollorino

PostThu Oct 28, 2021 10:23 am

Of course I have not WIN10 installed but ONLY WIN11. In other posts I have seen many problems and bugs also under WIN10.
That said I normally make the updates of my STUDIO Version every time they appear (previously on my mac now on my PC workstation) as disponsable, BUT It's the first time that a new version is a mess like this with so many bugs.
It seems that for one time BMD has made a great mistake.. it happens also the best ones...

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:

What is the new feature in 17.4 which you desperately needed and updated it for ?

Not sure who you blame (you don't know yet that BM initial releases are never perfect)? I don't use Resolve for any production and never update straight away. Wait few weeks, read comments and possibly update. Best is always to wait at least for next update after initial 'main" update.
Next releases don't happen within days. It will take time for next release as no one is going to fix just 1 problem. BM will collect all initial complains and then fix them.

Not going to mention that such a rushed update to Win11 was your even bigger mistake. Did you have any problems with established Win10?
Francesco Bollorino

Francesco Bollorino

PostThu Oct 28, 2021 10:26 am

TheBloke wrote:
Francesco Bollorino wrote:only serious costumers

what do you mean?
Francesco Bollorino

Andrew Kolakowski

PostThu Oct 28, 2021 11:10 am

Francesco Bollorino wrote:Of course I have not WIN10 installed but ONLY WIN11. In other posts I have seen many problems and bugs also under WIN10.
That said I normally make the updates of my STUDIO Version every time they appear (previously on my mac now on my PC workstation) as disponsable, BUT It's the first time that a new version is a mess like this with so many bugs.
It seems that for one time BMD has made a great mistake.. it happens also the best ones...

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:

And you don't have problems on Win 11. OK :D
Your choice.

Suhaib Siddiqi

PostThu Oct 28, 2021 3:55 pm

Resolve, as well as Fusion 17.4 do not behave well on 4 K display. I am also of the opinion that versions 17.4 of both are buggy. Peter posted in the Fusion forum to reduce the display scaling to 225%. It worked for me till I rebooted my laptop. After rebooting, neither Resolve nor Fusion worked at UI scaling set to 225%, 200% and lower.
I am also on Windows 11 x64, i9, 32 GB RAM, and 16 GB vRAM.
Changing DPI to System for Resolve and Fusion did help me.
Attachments
2021-10-28 (1).png
2021-10-28 (1).png (63.65 KiB) Viewed 3939 times

eleven_x

PostWed Jan 12, 2022 10:14 am

One solution "one that worked for me"

Uninstalling additional intel software like 'Intel Open CL SDK'

Return to DaVinci Resolve