No Audio Waveforms in v17.4 edit page

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Cuervo

No Audio Waveforms in v17.4 edit page

PostSun Oct 24, 2021 5:16 pm

Perhaps someone can help me. After installing Resolve v17.4, I no longer see any waveforms in the Edit Page. I can see waveforms in the Fairlight Page, but not in the Edit Page. When I click on the little button on the left, the dropdown flashes for a second then disappears.

I've searched online for a fix and tried them all with no effect. Clicking the audio waveform button does nothing, nor does resetting my audio input patch in Fairlight, nor did increasing the audio clip height, or clearing the cache.

I'm on Windows 10. Log files attached.

This problem happened years ago, but, I forgot the fix.

Anyone else with this problem that found the fix?
Last edited by Cuervo on Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cuervo

Re: Help Please..No Audio Waveforms in v17.4 edit page

PostSun Oct 24, 2021 7:57 pm

ahhh, I found a fix. I had my MS Window scaling set to 150%. If I reset it to 100%, the dropdown doesn't disappear. Then, I can activate the audio waveform; then, reset my window scaling to 150%. At this point, the dropdown stays persistent.

DeafYakuza

Re: No Audio Waveforms in v17.4 edit page

PostWed Dec 01, 2021 7:08 pm

I have the same problem on the DR17.4.

I tried everything, activated the audio waveform on the left display, clicked delete render cache in the playback and deleted the cache in the folder. DaVinci restarted and PC aswell. Nothing solvet it.
This applies to both sides (page edit and fairlight), there is no showing audio-waveform anymore.

Do you know how can I fix this problem?

Clay Coleman

PostMon Dec 06, 2021 2:02 pm

I was having the same problem too with a video clip edit in 17.4.1. Studio on an iMacPro running BigSur 11.6.1. No audio waveforms from the songtrack on any of the pages.

Tried all the suggestions, deleting caches etc but no help.

I then exported the timeline as a .drt and imported it into a new project and all was fine again. So, it seems to be an upgrade conformity issue. If your buggy no waveform .drp was created in a previous version, this might fix it.

hth,
Clay

dave4443

PostMon Dec 06, 2021 2:46 pm

The audio waveforms have been laggier in this release, taking a lot longer to show up or requiring a restart to show up.

Usually for me zooming in and out or swapping to the fairlight page, zooming in, then back to the edit page causes them to appear again

khansky

PostTue Dec 28, 2021 9:49 pm

I just submitted a new thread on the matter, because I'm experiencing the same issue - no audio waveform on the Edit page AND the Fairlight tab.

Managed to fix it by manually deleting/absolutely nuking everything in the CacheClip folder. I tried using the Playback > Delete Render Cache but that didn't help one bit. Here's what I did:

1. Click on the cog wheel (Project Settings) of your Project (lower right side)
2. In the Master Settings scroll down to Working Folders
3. Get the path to the Cached files from there, for example (on PC) C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\Stored Data
4. Navigate to that Stored Data folder from your Windows Explorer (Finder on Macs)
5. Once there you'll see three folders:
- .gallery
- CacheClip
- Caputre
6. Open up the CacheClip folder and it's going to have a lot of folders with scrambled names
7. DELETE EVERYTHING
8. Close down Davinci (if you have it open) and reopen it, issue should be fixed along with some additional bugs that you could be experiencing

To hell with the "Delete Render Cache" option in the Playback section of the top menu, try this out, it may be what you're looking for
CPU- Xeon E3-1231 v3 4-cores,8-threads 3.40 Ghz | GPU- nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | RAM- 16 GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600 Mhz | Sound Card- Asus Xonar DG | Dell ULTRASHARP u2413 | EIZO FlexScan s2231w | AOC that doesn't matter

Return to DaVinci Resolve