Shift+R not working to freeze frame after starting program

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

WillL84

Shift+R not working to freeze frame after starting program

PostSun Oct 24, 2021 6:57 pm

This has been happening for a few versions now. Whenever I first open the program and start working on clips in the edit tab the Shift+R shortcut to freeze frame doesn't work the first time I try ty use it.

Doesn't matter if it's opening a project I had been working on previously or starting a new one. I'll cut a clip and then elect the part I want to freeze and hit Shift+R and nothing happens. I have to go to the "clip" menu and select "freeze frame" and it'll work. After I do this then Shift+R will work until I close the program.

MochoCinematic

Re: Shift+R not working to freeze frame after starting progr

PostSun Jun 12, 2022 9:21 am

[quote="WillL84"]This has been happening for a few versions now. Whenever I first open the program and start working on clips in the edit tab the Shift+R shortcut to freeze frame doesn't work the first time I try ty use it.

Doesn't matter if it's opening a project I had been working on previously or starting a new one. I'll cut a clip and then elect the part I want to freeze and hit Shift+R and nothing happens. I have to go to the "clip" menu and select "freeze frame" and it'll work. After I do this then Shift+R will work until I close the program.[/quote]

I have the same problem except that it's just random and it will either work or not.
It's really annoying as for edits with power points that have been screen recorded I use the freeze frame alot.
I can confirm that this issue is still present in Resolve Studio 18.

Jim Simon

PostSun Jun 12, 2022 2:05 pm

A couple of quick tests in 18 worked fine for me.

Studio beta 4 on Windows 10.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

cayubal

PostSun Jun 12, 2022 7:23 pm

Also seeing this behaviour/bug as described by the OP in DR Studio 17.4.6. on macOS 11.6.5.

Return to DaVinci Resolve