Remove audio from BRAW clip - Media Management

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

monkbrain

Remove audio from BRAW clip - Media Management

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 12:29 am

Hi!

I'm trimming the fat off some BRAW clips and need to remove the audio from them. I have the clips in a timeline and when I open media management to save these trimmed versions, I don't see any way to disable the audio. I removed the audio track from the timeline and even muted the track in the audio seciton of the 'clip attributes' for each clip, yet still, the trimmed versions STILL have their audio embedded into them. A big eternal 'thank you' to whoever can help me remove audio from trimmed BRAW clips, or remove audio from BRAW clips in general!

Barrett
Asus X299 DeluxeII
i9-9820x 3.30GHz
64GB DDR42133
Asus Strix RTX 2080Ti v431.70
Decklink MiniMonitor 4K
Win10 Pro for Workstations, v21H1
Resolve Studio 17.4 Bld12
Cache: 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD
Corsair H110i GTX cooler
Seasonic 1000W PSU

antoine

Re: Remove audio from BRAW clip - Media Management

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 8:04 am

That would be an interesting feature indeed. Do you know how much you're going to save off ? Stereo WAVE 16 bit 48 kHz don't weight that much, like 10 MB per minute
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

Return to DaVinci Resolve