V17.4 issues with Wacom

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Igor Riđanović

V17.4 issues with Wacom

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 1:24 am

I want to expand on what was mentioned regarding the 17.4 Resolve Studio Wacom zooming issues in Fusion page in another thread.

This was tested on Windows 10 Pro, 1909 18363.1171. Wacom driver 6.3.15-3 with 12x12 Intuous 3 tablet. Single RTX 3090 with 461.40 studio driver.

"Use Windows Ink" is disabled in the Wacom driver. In Pen & Windows Ink "When I tap a text field..." is set to "When the keyboard isn't attached." There is no option to completely disable handwriting. I have disabled the touch input Windows service, but can not stop it, probably due to domain level restrictions.
    1. Long stylus press acts as a right click.
    2. Stylus tap on text edit UI elements like Deliver page filename results in Windows launching the handwriting input box.
    3. Middle+click drag zoom with stylus in Fusion viewers dynamically tracks the zoom pivot to the XY position of the pointer. The pivot XY should be set at start of middle+click event and persist through the duration of the event. When the pointer leaves the viewer area the zooming stops.
    4. Middle+click drag zoom does not work in Fusion's 3D environment.

All these issues go away when I roll back to 17.3.2.

If issues 1. and 2. are features, they need refinement.

To repro the issue 4. take a clip into Fusion, add an Image Plane 3D, drag this node to the viewer, and attempt middle+click+drag zoom using a Wacom stylus.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

George Leon

Re: V17.4 issues with Wacom

PostMon Jul 25, 2022 7:26 pm

I have the same issue with 17.4. Windows Ink is disabled globally in the Wacom driver, yet in Resolve 17.4 (and only in Resolve) it seems to be enabled regardless.

The problem is that a) you get annoying click animations, but far worse b) slider/control drags don't kick in until you've already travelled a significant distance, when they then suddenly jump. it's awful and unusable, and the reason why most Wacom tablet users disable Windows Ink in the first place.

did anyone figure out why 17.4 suddenly force-enables Windows Ink? prior versions didn't do this.

George Leon

Re: V17.4 issues with Wacom

PostMon Jul 25, 2022 7:32 pm

.. lol, mine was my fault. at some point I set up a customisation for Resolve in the Wacom driver, and somehow enabled Windows Ink for that customisation. problem solved (for me).

Return to DaVinci Resolve