Bug report - DR 17.4 (fairlight page)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Andrew Germishuys

Bug report - DR 17.4 (fairlight page)

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 8:05 pm

When on the Fairlight page, if I swap to edit page, and back again, I get some track labels reading "error".

I also get an orphan clip, so clips in a track, with no headers.
Hiding and then making that track visible again solves this.
I have managed to replicate a few times now (I am using sample class media for Fairlight - 4 Multi-channel dialogue)

I'm on Windows 11 (latest update, non-insider), DR 17.4 Studio (with speed editor), Nvidia RTX as primary 4K screen, and Intel as 2 and 3 HD screens. Latest drivers for all (non-beta).

Should the devs need any additional info, please reply or DM.
Admin please move if this isn't the place for bug reports.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Bug report - DR 17.4 (fairlight page)

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 2:05 am

All monitors should be from the same GPU.
If you do that does the problem still show?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 2:22 am

Hi Andrew

Peter is right - please use a single discrete graphics card as the output for all monitors.

Please refer to the FAQs on what info / context you can add to a report. This includes full system info, OS version, Resolve version (including Studio or free), peripherals, drivers etc. Please also include a shareable public link to the zip archive created from Help menu > Create Diagnostic Logs on Desktop.

If you find a consistent pattern/steps to show an issue, please add this info too - alongside screenshots where you think it would help.

Regards
Shrinivas

Andrew Germishuys

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 11:36 am

Thank you both for the reply

That is my general setup. But using just the Nvidia had the same issue.

I have managed to reproduce this a few times. I will check the FAQ and go accordingly once I am able to get screenshots

One of the panelists in your training session last night was also able to get the same rasult following my steps and was going to follow up on that. He suggest I post here.

My steps listed above ha e worked about 3/4 of the time. Imeill get screenshots when possible

Return to DaVinci Resolve