Editing Multiple Multicam Layers

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

SirPoggy

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 11:21 am

I am curious if anyone has worked with multiple multicam layers?

I am editing game footage from an event and it contains 1 POV multicam and 1 PiP multicam.

I have the PiP layered on top of the POV multicam. I can edit and select the multicam on the top layer (the PiP layer), but when I try to edit the layer below it (the POV) I don't get the multicam option for quick razor editing in the viewport.

I have tried hiding the video track with the upper PiP layer, double clicking... pretty much everything intuitive one could think to do. Is there some specific method for getting access to the editing window of multilayered multicam clips?

Jason Conrad

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 4:50 pm

Try de-activating the auto select button in the track header (<>) of the upper layer. Not sitting in front of Resolve right now. 100% certain there is a way, 90% sure that’s what it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-MacBook Pro (14,3) i7 2.9 GHz 16 GB, Intel 630, AMD 560 x1
-[DR 17.0 Beta9]

SirPoggy

Re: Editing Multiple Multicam Layers

PostThu Oct 28, 2021 6:07 am

Jason Conrad wrote:Try de-activating the auto select button in the track header (<>) of the upper layer. Not sitting in front of Resolve right now. 100% certain there is a way, 90% sure that’s what it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion. This does not work. As you can see from the image, as soon as I select Multicam in the dropdown, it switches back to the top layer rather than the one I had selected.

Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (151.06 KiB) Viewed 330 times

SirPoggy

Re: Editing Multiple Multicam Layers

PostWed Nov 03, 2021 4:55 am

SirPoggy wrote:I am curious if anyone has worked with multiple multicam layers?

I am editing game footage from an event and it contains 1 POV multicam and 1 PiP multicam.

I have the PiP layered on top of the POV multicam. I can edit and select the multicam on the top layer (the PiP layer), but when I try to edit the layer below it (the POV) I don't get the multicam option for quick razor editing in the viewport.

I have tried hiding the video track with the upper PiP layer, double clicking... pretty much everything intuitive one could think to do. Is there some specific method for getting access to the editing window of multilayered multicam clips?

I emailed support and they did inform me that this is a bug and they've reported it.

Return to DaVinci Resolve