Resolve 17.3.2 Issues

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

John Epton

Resolve 17.3.2 Issues

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 11:15 pm

Yesterday, I uninstalled 17.1.1 and installed 17.3.2 and the Speed Editor update with no issues except for the Audio Device not being found.I had to change the Audio Output to Digital Video to fix it.

All seemed fine and I created a new timeline from a selected audio clip. I worked on this for a while trying out some new Izotope plugins. All was fine. I then switched to a different timeline and decided to display stacked timelines and when choosing the second timeline, the newly created timeline was gone. It was not visible in the Media pool! It had disappeared!

I created another new timeline and then displayed two stacked timelines. This time when switching between the two timelines it took an excessive time, 40/50 seconds.

I then tried to drag a clip from the Source window and append it to the end of the lower timeline - nothing appeared to happen. However when scrubbing across the end of the empty lower timeline where the clip should be, I could see the video in the program window and hear the audio, but the clip was not on the timeline. Trying to move the playhead led to random jumps! I shut down.

I hope tomorrow is a better day.
Resolve Studio 18 Fusion Studio 18 Desktop Video 12.1
Apple Mac M1 Studio
64 GB Memory
10 Cores
32c GPU
Disc 1 TB
BMD Speed Editor

Return to DaVinci Resolve