Take Selector Export Bug

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Steph Fink

Take Selector Export Bug

PostThu Oct 28, 2021 2:10 am

Hello,

I have found what appears to be a bug with Take Selector when exporting and importing a timeline. When a timeline with Take Selectors in it is export and imported into another project I can open up the take selector and additional clip alternates appear but there is no clip name, there is no thumbnail display available and when one of the alternate clips loaded into the Take Selector is selected it does not switch to that take but plays only the take that was selected at the time of export/import. We tried troubleshooting by instead exporting a drb and drp but found the same results. In fact, we found the same results when importing a drt into the same project it had been exported from. The take selectors no longer functioned. This severely limits the functionality of what would otherwise be a very clever, useful tool. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Steph

rollinwithjoel

Re: Take Selector Export Bug

PostThu Oct 28, 2021 7:14 pm

Hi,

I am getting the same issue. This screenshot shows the clip names have disappeared after exporting the timeline and importing into the same or a new project.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 6.09.16 am.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 6.09.16 am.png (78.31 KiB) Viewed 262 times

ColinMcT

Re: Take Selector Export Bug

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 4:41 am

I've just tested this and found the same issue. I can only get the top take and can't access the others below.
DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.4.3
2019 27" iMac 40gig ram
BM Speed Editor
BM Editor Keyboard
Ultrastudio mini 4K
BM Micro Panel

Return to DaVinci Resolve