3D Stereoscopic support in Resolve 17.4

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Richard Connew

3D Stereoscopic support in Resolve 17.4

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 8:21 am

3D Stereoscopic features have become steadily broken with each new release to the point that with 17.4 its now unusable. Previously I could at least colour match both left and right, now with 17.4 none of the auto match options work at all. Previously the monitor output - mini 4k - just flickers and before that linking 3D files less for one option pretty much gave up the ghost as well. Playback is pretty bad as well.
If you need someone to work with a developer as a tester just ask as I'm more than happy to do that as I'm sure others would be as well.
While I agree 3D Stereoscopic is niche with fewer people needing that functionality you still display the option in the latest 17.4.1 so surely it should work? Currently it just makes an otherwise brilliant system look bad!
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blackmagic fix 3D Stereoscopic or at least be honest and remove it! You could be really daring and add Quad buffered OPEN GL 3D on internal windows which would be really appreciated.
My two cents worth.
NFD Productions

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: 3D Stereoscopic support in Resolve 17.4

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 8:55 pm

Please refrain from using all caps
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Richard Connew

PostSun Oct 31, 2021 7:28 am

Sorry just desperately wanted to get attention for something that's been broken for such a long time. Is there any chance that 3D might be fixed please?
NFD Productions

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Nov 01, 2021 2:35 am

We just checked and its working for us.. can you provide a drp?

note, we might even need an archive from a single clip project.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Richard Connew

PostFri Nov 05, 2021 8:47 am

The best thing to do is to show you so I'll video while I demonstrate the areas I have problems with.

https://vimeo.com/642625782/ea9d88fbae

Actually colour matching works on the Win 11 PC but doesn't on the Win 10 PC so that may be installation. Worst problem is play back. Slow as in like slow motion in either colour tab or edit tab with the Decklink Mini Monitor 4k shaking like mad as it presumably tries to play left and right at the same time.

PC Spec for the one I used for the video
Windows 11 - same issue on Win 10 machine lower spec.
RAM 128GB 3200
Graphics Quadro RTX 8000 - RAM 64GB
CPU i9 10980XE 18 Core
OS is on an M2 disk
All other storage SSD.

Thank you for listening.
NFD Productions

filmjamie

PostFri Nov 26, 2021 2:15 am

Glad someone else besides me is disappointed and beyond frustrated with these stereoscopic 3D tools! It would be <all caps> great if we could actually have the ability to select a Side By Side or Over Under view on the Edit Page as opposed to just having the option to "Switch Eye To" Left or Right individually. Why not put the exact same "Vision" options from the Color Page on to the Edit Page? How hard could that possibly be? Those who know understand that Stereoscopic 3D isn't going anywhere and Resolve "supporting" it is great, if the tools actually work effectively for those delivering 3D content. Also, is there even support for Stereo 3D graphics and text anywhere? Why is there no readily available documentation or videos on this? Do these things exist or am I just krazy?!

Thanks for any answers on this.

Return to DaVinci Resolve