R 17.4.1 Very "Buggy" - Check Color Trace Please

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mark Osborne

R 17.4.1 Very "Buggy" - Check Color Trace Please

PostThu Nov 04, 2021 5:37 pm

Finding so many tiny but important bugs in 17.4.1 as I'm working on several projects.

Please go through and check to make sure the Color Trace Function is working properly.
It doesn't seem to be detecting obvious Red Camera footage in big project I'm working on and we really
need this function to work properly as the ability to colortrace is part of our workflow on this project.

When you navigate to a node with a power window, the power window is not movable/active until you jump out of it and then jump back into the node in order to make the window "moveable".

Here is a link to all my davinci logs https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lK5wZu ... sp=sharing

please let me know you received it.

MTO
MARK TODD OSBORNE
Senior Colorist / MTO Color

Marc Wielage

Re: R 17.4.1 Very "Buggy" - Check Color Trace Please

PostFri Nov 05, 2021 9:19 am

Mark Osborne wrote:When you navigate to a node with a power window, the power window is not movable/active until you jump out of it and then jump back into the node in order to make the window "moveable".

Yeah, I've run into this with 17.2.2 as well. It's intermittent and does not happen with every shot or every window, but it happens enough to be an annoyance.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Rohit Singhal

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Nov 09, 2021 10:04 am

Mark Osborne wrote:Finding so many tiny but important bugs in 17.4.1 as I'm working on several projects.

Please go through and check to make sure the Color Trace Function is working properly.
It doesn't seem to be detecting obvious Red Camera footage in big project I'm working on and we really
need this function to work properly as the ability to colortrace is part of our workflow on this project.

When you navigate to a node with a power window, the power window is not movable/active until you jump out of it and then jump back into the node in order to make the window "moveable".

Here is a link to all my davinci logs https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lK5wZu ... sp=sharing

please let me know you received it.

MTO

Hi Mark,

Color Trace seems to work fine for us. Can you give more details and share the source and target projects that show the issue.
Rohit Singhal
DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Mark Osborne

PostWed Dec 01, 2021 11:11 pm

Thanks for getting back to me, Rohit.

I've moved on from that job where the colortrace was giving me problems. I believe I sent a resolve log file on that one.

I'll keep an eye on colortrace function for any future issues.

Just finished a new project this week & colortrace seemed to work fine. Maybe it was something to do with the Sony Venice Camera on the one that gave me issues....?

Cheers,

MTO
MARK TODD OSBORNE
Senior Colorist / MTO Color

Marc Wielage

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 1:47 am

Mark Osborne wrote:\When you navigate to a node with a power window, the power window is not movable/active until you jump out of it and then jump back into the node in order to make the window "moveable".

Yeah, this is still an issue with 17.4.2 Build 9. Not all the time, maybe half the time you can't move the Power Window with a cursor. You can always move it with the panel controls. Jumping in and out of it does give the system enough of a "kick" that it suddenly starts working again.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Dermot Shane

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 4:40 am

Mark Osborne wrote:Thanks for getting back to me, Rohit.
Maybe it was something to do with the Sony Venice Camera on the one that gave me issues....?

i'm doing a film on Venice/OXCN curently - no issues with colortrace here

Return to DaVinci Resolve