Upgraded to 17.4.1 Disk Problems

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ChuckS

Upgraded to 17.4.1 Disk Problems

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 2:41 am

After upgrading to 17.4.1 (studio) if I try to open some of the volumes that appear in the list of mounted disks in the Medea Page, I get a message that Resolve cannot access this volume. However, if I open an already existing project that has files from that volume it works fine. When I check in the Media page tab the disk shows up in the list but none of the files appear and I get the same error message? If I right click on the clip in the Edit page it says the clip doesn't exist. I rendered out the project to see what would happen and it was fine. The volumes work fine outside of Resolve.

I'm thinking this is a permissions thing but I can't find where to manage that in Resolve.

I'm running it on a newer iMac with 11.6

ChuckS

Re: Upgraded to 17.4.1 Disk Problems

PostMon Nov 22, 2021 3:11 am

I Upgraded my OS to Monterey 12.1
Upgraded Resolve to 17.4.2 and the problem continued

I have an 8 drive USB-C enclosure, I checked all of the drives individually and they were good. I checked that I could open and play them in the Finder - good, and I checked to see if I could open them in Premiere Pro - again, fine. The only problem is with Resolve.

All of the drives appear in the Media tab but I can't open them and if I drag and drop from one of the drives that won't open using the finder and Resolve gives me an error message that it can't find it.

Any suggestions on what else I should check of how I can fix this. It appears to me that the problem is with Resolve.

ChuckS

PostFri Dec 03, 2021 4:46 am

This still doesn't work. If I uninstall Resolve do I need to rekey Resolve Studio when I reinstall it?

ChuckS

PostMon Dec 27, 2021 9:00 am

I recently upgraded to Studio 17.4.3 and still have this problem. As much as I hate to I'm having to switch back to PPRo.

Return to DaVinci Resolve