upgrade to 17 Lost All Audio

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mark ID

upgrade to 17 Lost All Audio

PostSat Nov 27, 2021 12:43 am

Hi -

Not sure what is happening... one timeline has lost all the audio on the main interview track. The audio track(stereo) is there, with the keyframes where changes had been made, but no audio and no waveform.
It won't let me drag any audio onto an open audio track on the time line so I can't re sync the audio track to the video...

Any idea?
Revert back to 16?

Thank you,
Mark

Reynaud Venter

Re: upgrade to 17 Lost All Audio

PostSat Nov 27, 2021 5:52 pm

System spec? viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90190

After installing version 17 was the database upgraded in Resolve's Project Manager?
If a backup of the database is available reverting to version 16 is possible.

Is the Audio Clip on the Timeline unlinked or missing?
Reference the Resolve 17 Manual | Page 932 | Chapter 56 | Conforming and Relinking Clips
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 18.6.5 • macOS 14.3.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Mark ID

PostSat Nov 27, 2021 9:49 pm

System Spec: Motherboard: Gigabte Z390 designare /
CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K 3.6 Ghz Eight Core 12 MB 95 W / Ram: 2 x Crucial DDR4-2666 16 GB /
Video card: EVGA gigaforce RTX 2060 Super XC 8GB Open Air

I have 20 3 minute or so timelines in this project... everryhting worked initially after upgradin to 17 studio... I made a database backup just before upgrading... this is the only one so far I have this problem with, and it was fine initially after the upgrade.

The audio clip is still linked - the audio is missing or not viewable as a waveform - my levels and keyframes I set on the aduio are still inplace...

I tried relinking and also reloaded clips in again renamed them sync'ed them and cannot drag audio onto the timeline from any source...

Thank you for your efforts / this is very odd and I think maybe I did not get everything of the old studio 16 uniinstalled b4 the install to 17 and then the upgrade to 17.4.2...

Thank you if you do have any other suggestions or questions.

Mark

Mark ID

PostSat Nov 27, 2021 11:27 pm

Hi Reynaud:

I restored the final backup prior to upgrading to 17... it then asked me to upgrade the database, which had not happened when I first upgraded. And the show worked / all audio in place / so saved from having to work thru that problem any further.

Thanks for your consideration... if you have any insight re: my system specs, or anything else, I'd appreciate that.

Thank you for your assistance and consideration.

Best to you,
Mark

Return to DaVinci Resolve