Davinci Resolve changes the volume of my audio track

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

diegofayalal

Davinci Resolve changes the volume of my audio track

PostSat Nov 27, 2021 9:56 pm

Hi, I'm post producing a music video in Resolve and the program changes the volume from the initial master wav. It reduce around 4db but it is a lot!!! The producers send the final master of the song and It must not be touched.

In the track channel the audio is okey, but when it goes to the final bus it is low

Any suggestion? :(
Attachments
Resolve.png
Look the final bus is lower than the channel 2
Resolve.png (513.92 KiB) Viewed 583 times

Reynaud Venter

Re: Davinci Resolve changes the volume of my audio track

PostFri Dec 03, 2021 10:31 am

The summation of two identical signals of equal amplitude and phase increases the level of the resulting signal, hence the attenuation on the stereo Bus 1 to produce equal power output and equal perceived loudness. This is the result of Pan Law, in this case “-3dB compensation” being applied.

Configure Bus 1 as Mono, and its metering will match the A2 Mono Audio Channel.

Alternatively, Pan the A2 Mono Audio Track hard left, and the metering on the Left Channel of the Stereo Bus 1 will match the A2 Mono Audio Track, and the metering on the Right Channel of the Stereo Bus 1 will register as negative infinity.

Is the source audio Mono or Stereo? Change the Track Format of the A2 Track from Mono to Stereo if the source is Stereo.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Return to DaVinci Resolve