Cut Page Sync Bin won't sync if camera dates are mismatched!

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Samskihero

Cut Page Sync Bin won't sync if camera dates are mismatched!

PostSun Nov 28, 2021 12:48 am

Hey all!

This has been posted before by someone else I think but I wanted to state it again.
The Sync Bin won't match Camera clips or audio clips if the internal date is different/wrong even if the Timecode is a match.

This actually makes a lot of sense however I had a BMP6K Pro randomly reset date making the Sync Bin unusable, The clips synced all perfectly using Multicam.

Note the cameras synced in the Sync Bin fine even though the time (Clock) was way off but right up to when the BMP6K date turned over into the next day the Sync bin no longer synced them.

How can I change the date of the embedded file to match each other?
A feature to Ignores Internal device date information would be great!

Example of Sync Bin working when dates are correct but not when date changes.
Sync Bin Dates.jpg
Sync Bin
Sync Bin Dates.jpg (172.92 KiB) Viewed 625 times

Proof the exact same footage Timecode is jammed as it syncs perfect in Multicam
0101.JPG
Multicam
0101.JPG (56.06 KiB) Viewed 625 times

-Thanks
Samuel

emphasisfilms

Re: Cut Page Sync Bin won't sync if camera dates are mismatc

PostTue Jun 13, 2023 8:09 pm

Has this been solved yet? I am still having the same problem.

It seems like an easy fix would be to use the date created field instead of the date modified field since date created is editable within Resolve.

arossello

PostFri Apr 05, 2024 5:19 pm

Bump - any more info regarding this? Hit the issue today while trying to switch over to using the Sync Bin. I've tried manually editing Date Modified in Finder and reimporting but Sync still doesn't work w/ the offending clips. Manual syncing is also not working.

arossello

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 8:46 pm

In case anyone's tracking this, I haven't resolved it. As a workaround, I wound up manually adding the problem angle to the Sync Bin timeline (same 'Open in Timeline' method as editing a traditional multiclip) and syncing by timecode. However, this method was not recognized by the Speed Editor and so I could not switch to the angle w/ the buttons...which defeats...

So, the 2nd step in this workaround was to switch to the Edit page, find the places where I wanted to cut to that offending angle, opening that frame in the Viewer ('f'), opening the hidden sync bin in the timeline and doing a reverse match frame from the Viewer (still 'f', just w/ the Viewer active), and copying and pasting a few frames of the angle into the main timeline so I have the angle sync'ed w/ the rest of the timeline. Not ideal.

Support hasn't responded beyond log file gathering. Edge case, I guess, but unfortunate when it happens...we have about 10 interviews w/ this issue.

Return to DaVinci Resolve