Davinci 17.4.2resolve crashing windows on adding back ground

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

xpindia

Davinci 17.4.2resolve crashing windows on adding back ground

PostSun Nov 28, 2021 12:05 pm

Davinci 17.4.2resolve crashing windows on adding back ground color of some effect.
This happend when exporting the project to video.
Alienware 15 R2 SSDx2 (118 + 512GB) + 1TB HDD, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA GFX980
Davinci Resolve Studio

xpindia

Re: Davinci 17.4.2resolve crashing windows on adding back gr

PostWed Dec 01, 2021 9:19 am

Its shutting down windows 10 each time i try to render the project.

Pl help its urgent.
Davinci Resolve Studio

Andy Mees

PostWed Dec 01, 2021 10:32 am

Hi Robert
For any help with this kind of problem you'll need to post your logs and sysinfo files so that the BMD guys can help trace the cause of the problem. Please see the FAQs for Support and Troubleshooting post for full info.
Cheers
Andy

From the FAQ post:
Logs
DaVinci Resolve has a function to generate diagnostic logs that can be analysed to look for problems. It is important to get the logs from DaVinci Resolve, generated immediately after a crash. OS generated diagnostics and logs are of little use. Please post a link to these logs on the forum - this will often give others a chance to assist you. If you are unable to post a link, put a space in the path so the forum doesn't think its a link, eg. my logsarehere. com

You can grab logs by restarting DaVinci Resolve and choosing “Create Diagnostic Logs on Desktop” from the Help menu.
If you have automatic crash reporting enabled, adding your contact details and description would help us contact you if we need further details.

If you cannot launch DaVinci Resolve after a crash, please follow the steps below:
Windows:
Go to C:/Program Files/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/ and run CaptureLogs.bat application

Note: Additional information - including the NFO file for Windows users is often useful.

1)In the Windows Start menu, type DxDiag and run this application. When open, allow for the progress bar to complete analyzing your system. You will see a "Save All Information" button. Save this text file.

2)In Windows start menu, open Windows System Information. From the File menu, select Save and save this NFO file.

Please send us these two files.
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Sam Shiller

PostWed Dec 01, 2021 3:19 pm

Can I add here my request cuz I'm not sure it was seen by anyone from Dropbox in another post.

Hi I'm new here and don't know where to write. Hope to works well.
Your 17 is so awful in details so I would like to see several fixes if possible.

My bug fixing requests:

1. Will you get back Full Screen Mode. It's absolutely impossible to work without this feature.
2. Please be so kind to get back ability to watch media files in Media Manager WITOUT Color Management Settings. When I switch on ACES and set IDT Alexa and ODT REc.709 all files in media management are showing with this transformation. This is so stupid. To check my Rec.709 render I ought to switch mode for YRGB each time. Painful...
3. Can you PLEASE get back Shilt+Scroll for Editing Page. Its totally inconvenient to scroll timeline with Cmd button. Incredibly useless "new feature".
4. Can you lease get back ability to cmd+- and cmd++ for Delivery page to zoom in and zoom out?
5. Can you please get back ability to move with keyboard arrows while writing a name in delivery page. Now it completely stupidly working via screen sharing it works well but in direct mode it goes back and forth on timeline from frame to frame. Why is this so? I cannot imagine...

These are some basic things I would like to see fixed. OF COURSE IF IT'S POSSIBLE.

xpindia

PostThu Dec 23, 2021 2:12 pm

Hi Guys

I am uploading the diagnostic logs after the crash.
Its still happening with the latest version 17.4.3
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20211223-194005.zip
(710.36 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20211223-194005.zip
(710.36 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

Regards
Attachments
DxDiag.rar
(19.36 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Davinci Resolve Studio

xpindia

PostSun Dec 26, 2021 3:21 am

Any help pl, i am ending up making projects in davinci resolve studio and finally unable to export them >> then am being forced to used filmora to redo them. But i love the audio ducking process of davinci, so would like to make it my default video editing software.

I am sure it is a software some small incompatibility issue which if addressed can be sorted.
Davinci Resolve Studio

xpindia

PostMon Dec 27, 2021 12:40 pm

Any help from the gurus here would be appreciated. I am stuck as I cant export the projects after editing them in Davinci Resolve Studio.
If there is no solution to this issue right now then pl consider it as bug reporting.

Regards.
Davinci Resolve Studio

Return to DaVinci Resolve