Transform keyframe offset bug

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

nowhere87

Transform keyframe offset bug

PostWed Dec 01, 2021 5:05 am

When I apply two or more keyframes to any of the transform parameters in the inspector under the edit tab, the adjustment I am making gets offset by two full frames.

For example:

A dynamic transform on the X axis applied from frame 5 to frame 10, will make the move appear between frame 3 and frame 8.

This appeared out of nowhere, I had perfect functionality two days ago and now it's broken.

I am hesitant to upgrade to 17.4.2 while I am in the middle of a massive project, especially because I didn't see this listed in bug fixes and it's only affecting the largest of all my projects, (which is full of roto work and extensive keyframing.) Is it possible that Resolve just stops functioning properly when a project gets too large? I experienced this issue in the past in another massive project but I thought it was because I relinked all my media. I can't think of anything else that would cause this issue to appear out of nowhere.

I am grateful for any information or advice that you can give me. This is so discouraging after hundreds of hours of work.

Specs:
Resolve Studio 17
iMac 2017; Big Sur 11.2.2
32GB memory; Radeon Pro 580 8GB graphics card

Return to DaVinci Resolve