Certification for anyone ?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ctdlg-clatique

Certification for anyone ?

PostSat Dec 04, 2021 2:22 pm

Hello,

Two simple question about BDM Davinci certification :

1 - Can a retired person (or anyone) try to get a certification using the online test ?
I have not send any email to learning@blackmagicdesign.com because they mention schools, online partners ...
I would just want to test my knowledge !

2 - Is English the only language used to answer the online certification test ?
I switched yesterday from French to English UI ... I'll need some time to get used to it.

Thanks in advance.
Didier
I9, 32gb ram, rtx 3080Ti 3x nvme disks, speed editor.
Davinci Studio 18

Andy Mees

Re: Certification for anyone ?

PostSat Dec 04, 2021 7:07 pm

ctdlg-clatique wrote:Can a retired person (or anyone) try to get a certification using the online test?
Yes, anyone... but be aware that the questions on the test closely mirror the official training, so it's good to study and work through the (free) training resources before taking the test.

ctdlg-clatique wrote:Is English the only language used to answer the online certification test ?
Sorry, I don't know the answer to this. I worked through the free training manuals (in English) when they were released earlier this year, and then did the online test. I didn't notice any option for other languages... it may have been there but I wasn't looking.
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

ctdlg-clatique

Re: Certification for anyone ?

PostSun Dec 05, 2021 8:06 am

Thank you very much for your answer.

I'm studying through the (free) training resources !
I use BM online videos, exercises and manual. At the end, before trying the online test, I will redo all of them.

3D fusion is rather difficult. Very different from Blender (I can use it), but I know what the words mean and do.
Other modules (color page, Fairlight, ...) are simpler.
I9, 32gb ram, rtx 3080Ti 3x nvme disks, speed editor.
Davinci Studio 18

Return to DaVinci Resolve