Errors, Need Developer Help

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MaxSaltin

Errors, Need Developer Help

PostSun Dec 05, 2021 10:47 am

After updating to 17.4.2 build 9, when starting the program it now displays a dialogue box with the following message:

"Intel Hardware Acceleration

Intel hardware accelerated decode and encode have been disabled as the current Intel graphics driver is not compatible with DaVinci Resolve. Please update your drivers to enable this feature."

Resolve worked fine with previous versions. I have updated to the latest drivers for Intel Graphics, Nvidia Graphics, installed all the new Windows updates avaible.

Now just starting a project and starting out with a Render in Place I always get the Error Code 702, GPU unable to process.

What is the next step?

Noerde

Re: Errors, Need Developer Help

PostSun Dec 05, 2021 11:52 am

MaxSaltin wrote:What is the next step?

Hard to say, maybe give details about your hardware?

Are you using discreet/intel GPU or external nVidia GPU with resolve, what are those. Maybe resolve need pascal level nVidia chip to work? Maybe Resolve has higher requirements for the (GPU) hw with the new version?

ReneRotterdam

PostSun Dec 05, 2021 2:42 pm

In addition to providing info on your hardware, you could reinstall an older version and carry on.

And some info about the video formats you're working with would also be appreciated.

Success
Rene A. Hazekamp

HP Z840 // 2x E2680v4 // RTX 4070 // Studio 18.5.1
Macbook air M1

MaxSaltin

PostSun Dec 05, 2021 5:46 pm

ReneRotterdam wrote:In addition to providing info on your hardware, you could reinstall an older version and carry on.

And some info about the video formats you're working with would also be appreciated.

Success

Yes I could reinstall an older version and carry on, and that was my plan, I just thought it was strange that it stopped working saying install new updated drivers, I do that, problem still persists.. no problem before with all prior versions aswell...

Right now when encountering this new unsupported Intel GPU problem I was just working with a simple low bitrate H264 8bit Quicktime file blender did with FFmpeg I believe.

Noerde wrote:Are you using discreet/intel GPU or external nVidia GPU with resolve, what are those. Maybe resolve need pascal level nVidia chip to work? Maybe Resolve has higher requirements for the (GPU) hw with the new version?

Intel GPU and internal Nvidia GPU. I haven't looked at the minimum req. for each new version of resolve, they are very good at keeping support for older systems, far as my knowledge goes.

My hardware is:
Lenovo Z50-70 20354 Laptop
Intel® Core™ i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz
Intel® HD Graphics Family version 20.19.15.5171
NVIDIA GeForce 840M version 30.0.14.9709
8 GB Ram
1 TB HDD - ST1000LM014-SSHD-8GB version 10.0.19041.789
Windows 10 Home OS version - 19044.1348

I want to add that the computer did not let me update the intel HD graphics driver claiming that Lenovo had custom firmware installed optimized for my computer so I was not able to automatically do it, I found a manual way to uninstall it and install the new driver set from Intels website. What more can I do from my end? Either it is something with resolve, a bug or something, or there is new lowest minimun requirements for 17.4.2 build 9 excluding my system.

Charles Bennett

PostSun Dec 05, 2021 10:19 pm

Post logs and an NFO file and see if someone like Dwaine Maggart or Shrinivas Ramani from BMD pick up on it.
Attachments
Logs.JPG
Logs.JPG (44.09 KiB) Viewed 3327 times
Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (546.01 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Dec 06, 2021 3:07 am

Hi

Given the age of the CPU and GPU, your best bet would be to:
a. turn off windows updates for drivers.
b. download to desktop the recommended drivers from Nvidia and Intel. Download DDU.
c. Ensure that step b is fine (and all installers open up - i.e. no corrupted downloads).
d. Follow the instructions from DDU. If need be, leave them open on another device, as this will require a few restarts.
e. Install the downloaded drivers when prompted.

These steps are described in greater detail in threads like this.

Two other things to check:
Please ensure that Windows energy settings is set to enable the discrete graphics card.
If your model is Optimus-enabled, you may additionally need to ensure your display is connected to the discrete graphics.

Please note that while it may work, the age of the laptop will impact Resolve's performance on this machine.

Regards
Shrinivas

Return to DaVinci Resolve