Render Cache

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

crandolph969

Render Cache

PostMon Dec 06, 2021 5:19 pm

Hi All

I've been having some very slow results with the render cache. Unfortunately it does not happen consistently.
I have a 40 second timeline with 11 Fusion compositions. The Fusion Comps consist of generated backgrounds with kinetic typography. Some of the comps use particles and some utilize 3D type and lights.

Sometime the timeline will cache the 11 comps very quickly. Maybe a minute or two. Other times it can take 10 minutes or more. I have tried deleting the cache files within Resolve and I have tried deleting the cache files at the finder level and then re-caching. Once I discovered this issue I decided not to change my Fusion comps at all and just focus on why the caching is not consistent. All I'm doing now is deleting the render cache files and re-caching trying to figure out why the performance is so different.

This project was exported and opened on a different computer and it had the same issue, so I am cautiously ruling out the computer. Could it be a corrupt project? Any ideas would be welcomed.

Thanks
Chris R

Return to DaVinci Resolve