Speed Editor Bluetooth No Longer Working At All

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

nos402

Speed Editor Bluetooth No Longer Working At All

PostMon Dec 06, 2021 11:19 pm

As of the latest update (I believe that's when this all started), my Speed Editor no longer works via bluetooth at all.

I've removed it and re-paired it many times, rebooted, factory reset. It works fine via a hard cable. Sometimes when re-pairing it with the PC (Windows 11) it will say "try connecting your device again" then usually on the second try it will connect and show in the PC's bluetooth devices. When you start Resolve and press a key, it comes on, but none of the functions work and it seems frozen in that none of the keys respond (i.e. pressing snap, nothing happens, the light stays on, press SCRL, nothing happens, the JOG light stays on).

mikedkelly

Re: Speed Editor Bluetooth No Longer Working At All

PostTue Dec 07, 2021 1:18 am

Same here. If I connect in Windows and don't get the "try connecting your device again" on the first try, it seems to work for that very first session. However, when I close Resolve and reopen (I believe once the SE has gone to sleep) it no longer works and behaves as you describe. I ended up backing out to Resolve 14.1 and updating the SE with the firmware in that version. You can then upgrade Resolve if you want, but you will get a SE upgrade reminder every time you open Resolve. As long as you don't upgrade the firmware, it will work on later versions of Resolve. I'm just staying on Resolve 14.1 until it gets fixed.

-----------------------
Resolve Studio 18.5 Beta 3
CPU: Intel i9-13950HX
RAM: 32GB
GPU: RTX 4090 16GB
Driver: Nvidia Studio 531.61

Return to DaVinci Resolve