Davinci Resolve 17.4.2 Rendering Not Starting

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

JasonDoomedYou

Davinci Resolve 17.4.2 Rendering Not Starting

PostMon Dec 06, 2021 11:59 pm

Hello,

I am having disturbing rendering issues with my Davinci Resolve (Free). Whenever I attempt to render a project - the rendering never starts. It simply says "Rendering in Progress 1 of 1" with no progress being made and no green loading bar or text to indicate it has started.

At the same time, clicking the "Stop" button has no effect and the only way to stop the program is to 'X' out of Davinci Resolve where it then warns that a rendering is in progress and allows you to Continue or Cancel Render and Quit.

My last successful render was on November 14th 2021 where I rendered a video gameplay video approx. 13 minutes long at 1080p60fps in MP4 format. If I return to this project in my database, I can no longer render it.

I've observed on Task Manager what happens with my CPU and GPU when clicking Render All and noticed that the CPU reaches about 20% usage and the GPU very briefly reaches close to 50% and sharply and quickly drops off to 0%. Normally, the GPU fans begin spinning and usage goes up (naturally).

I have tried all the following (in no particular order) with no luck. Some of this information I received from a Reddit thread from people who had similar issues:

1) Reverting to old NVIDIA Drivers (496.76)
2) Reinstalling Davinci Resolve 17.4.2
3) Uninstalling 17.4.2 and installing older Davinci Resolve version 17.2
4) Set Timeline Proxy Mode: Off
5) Unchecked "Bypass re-encode when possible" under Render Settings
6) Deleted Render Cache under Playback -> Delete Render Cache
7) Tried "Auto" GPU Processing Mode and "CUDA" in Davinci Resolve -> Preferences -> System -> Memory and GPU.
8) Tried "Auto" GPU selection and manual selected under Davinci Resolve -> Preferences -> System -> Memory and GPU.
9) Selecting a new File Location for the Render in a different Storage device.
10) Changing output file format and Codec types from MP4 and H.264 and H.265 to Quicktime DNxHD.

Any help or guidance from the community or Blackmagic Support would be greatly appreciated as I am currently unable to create anymore Content for my YouTube channel.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can provide to help.

Hardware:

CPU - AMD 3800x
GPU - NVIDIA 2070 SUPER
RAM - Corsair 3600 16GB
STORAGE: Seagate Firecuda 2TB, SAMSUNG EVO 870 1TB (C:), Sabrent Rocket NVME 1TB M.2 Gen4

Regards,

Jason

RLI1313

Re: Davinci Resolve 17.4.2 Rendering Not Starting

PostThu Jan 20, 2022 8:33 am

Hi Jason,

I have the same issue with 17.4.3.

Were you able to solve your problem? And if so how?

Thanks for your feedback.

Rob

dkg876

PostFri Jan 28, 2022 9:08 pm

I also have the same issue.

dkg876

PostTue Feb 01, 2022 12:10 am

Well hello

I must say, I accidentally fixed it!

What did I do?

I created a new Postgres database on my desktop, imported the project in the new Postgres database then installed Davinci Resolve Project server and shared the database over the network and connected to my desktop using my laptop. I went to my laptop and enabled the Remote Rendering workspace and then chose it as the remote rendering machine on my desktop. It worked fine

Then I attempted to render on my desktop, and voila, problem solved. I am now able to render perfectly fine on my local desktop.

I am not sure what caused this, but I can say, the failure to render occurred the day after I had completed a project on my NAS via a network location. I think this may have something to do with it.

Return to DaVinci Resolve