Resolve Failing to Consistently Render the Timeline

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ClevelandBeemer

Resolve Failing to Consistently Render the Timeline

PostTue Jan 04, 2022 2:52 am

I've been using Resolve for over a year and love it. However, I've began to experience an issue that is very frustrating.

I edit videos that average between 12 and 40 minutes. The videos usually consist of 3 separate video files, 2 in 1440p h.264 @ 120Mbps, and 1 1080p h.264 at a much lower bitrate.

Recently I build a new PC and installed Resolve. Please keep in mind this PC hardware ran Resolve with zero issues for almost a month.

Not long after I started experiencing an issue where video files would fail to play after moving a significantly through the timeline. I would see PC recourses increase then usage would suddenly drop and the video simply wont play. Once Resolve is not able to play the video, the only way to get the video to play kill the Resolve process in Windows and reopen the program. Closing the program is not enough. I noticed after closing Resolve, it still appears in task manager using a significant amount of resources.

I have multiple logs from during this behavior. I can also screen capture the behavior if needed.

The issue also seems to impact rendering as well. I've had multiple videos render to about 90 to 99% and simply stop rendering. Again I have to kill the process in task manager and reopen the program and attempt to render again. When the problem first started I uninstalled the program and attempted a fresh install.

Current System:
Ryzen 5900x
Asus x570e Gaming
Sabrent rocket 4.0 1TB M.2
EVGA GTX 1070 Hybrid

I also used Resolve daily on two other systems neither of which had any issues. Every system had the GTX 1070 installed. Every system had the same 32GB memory kit. Two of the systems had the Sabrent Rocket installed.

My current PC is running a fully updated version of Windows 10 Pro. Resolve is fully up to date. My motherboard is on the most up-to-date bios. All drivers are up to date.

I'm totally at a loss here.

I'm currently running 17.4.3.
Attachments
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20211217-122651.zip
(383.29 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve