no titles?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

fliesen

no titles?

PostThu Jan 06, 2022 4:22 pm

Hi, I'm new at DaVinci Resolve 17. I'm following tutorials to learn how to use it, but I'm at a standstill with the TITLES because I can't edit them. When I get to the attached section, I can select and drag a title, yet not much more. Not even insert a text anywhere, since the relevant icons for titles are gray or not available or effectless, and whatever I click, nothing happens with respect to titles. The Blackmagic manual speaks about a 'tools' icon underneath the clip viewer, but in the attachment neither a 'title' icon nor (later) an 'open inspector' button can be seen. So what?
Attachments
Schermata 2022-01-06 alle 14.16.20.png
Schermata 2022-01-06 alle 14.16.20.png (598.23 KiB) Viewed 1796 times

Andy Mees

Re: no titles?

PostThu Jan 06, 2022 5:29 pm

Hey Mauro,
Add your title, you can then use your mouse to select the text directly in the viewer window and then edit it as necessary. Or, with the title instance selected in the timeline, open the Inspector window to see all the controls for the selected element.
Heres a Youtube video I just randomly selected from a quick Google search. It shows adding and using Titles in the Edit Page in Resolve 16... the same principles apply to Resolve 17 and to using Titles in the Cut Page:

Cheers
Andy
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

bryantocara

PostThu Jan 06, 2022 7:34 pm

From your screenshot, it looks like your inspector tab is closed (top right). Just click on the word and the panel should populate the right side of the screen.

Sent from my motorola razr using Tapatalk

Marc Wielage

PostFri Jan 07, 2022 12:31 am

For anybody new to Resolve editing (including titles), be sure to read the free textbook "The Editor’s Guide to DaVinci Resolve 17," available on Blackmagic's Training website:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... e/training

No matter how much you already know about editing, this will help you get up and running with the specifics of Resolve.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Jan 07, 2022 7:00 am

Mauro

To show the under-viewer toolset, select the title (or other clip) in the timeline. As Bryan mentions, you can click on the Inspector to access the full controls.

Lastly, please do consider Marc's suggested training set - as well as the official video tutorials in https://www.youtube.com/c/BlackmagicDesignOfficial - to quickly get acquainted with Resolve fundamentals.

Regards
Shrinivas

fliesen

PostFri Jan 07, 2022 8:59 pm

Thanks, Andy and Bryantocara, after your suggestions things are now ok.
Solved.

fliesen

PostFri Jan 07, 2022 9:01 pm

Thank you Marc and Shrinivas too

Return to DaVinci Resolve