Preview Updates while Dragging Clips under Playhead

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rockerverb08

Preview Updates while Dragging Clips under Playhead

PostSat Jan 15, 2022 3:41 pm

Hi all,

First post here in a very long time but since updating Davinci Resolve, I've lost a capability and I'm not sure how I enable that function.

When in the editor, I'm trying piecing together initial rough cut clips for a music video and have the master audio track (the song) that I'm matching everything up to. When I need to match up the timing of the video to the song like when the drummer hits the intro snare shot, I used to put the playhead where the snare shot happens on the audio track and then would drag the clip under the playhead until the correct frame appeared in the previewer

Now, for whatever reason, the preview video does not change as I'm dragging the clip under the playhead until I let go of the mouse at which point the preview window updates to the new frame.

If you skip to 1:14 in the video link below, you'll see how Jamie is able to drag a clip under the playhead and it updates real-time on the preview window.
(double u double u double u dot youtube.com/watch?v=NhVRB5sHteQ&list=PLjgai-5_Ef9rjfUW-cR_xj3GhIKhaSO3m)

Is there an option to enable this?

Thanks in advance,
Zach

Stefan Kirste

Re: Preview Updates while Dragging Clips under Playhead

PostMon Jan 17, 2022 10:21 am

up!

same problem here with 17.4.3

Return to DaVinci Resolve