Audio waveform not showing up?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

akkari

Audio waveform not showing up?

PostSun Jan 16, 2022 1:20 pm

Hey guys,

New here, been really enjoying Davinci Resolve, and upgraded to Studio shortly after playing with the free version. However, I've recently started encountering a pretty annoying issue.

Every now and then, I drag some footage into the timeline and the audio waveform just shows up for the beginning of the clip and then disappears. Tried reimporting and still the same issue. If you go through the clip and play it, you can clearly hear the audio playing but it just doesn't show the waveform.

Here's a screenshot: https://i.postimg.cc/HnfDPth0/image.png

Some info:

- Using latest Davinci Resolve Studio 17.4.3
- Windows 10
- Footage from Canon 650D, same setup, same shooting sessions, some clicks work perfectly showing full waveform, others don't.
- Asus Zephyrus G15 Nvidia RTX 3070 version.

Greatly appreciate your help!

Reynaud Venter

Re: Audio waveform not showing up?

PostMon Jan 17, 2022 7:10 am

Use MediaInfo to inspect the source and indicate the source media spec. Post a link to a sample of the source media for someone to diagnose.

Is this behaviour specific to a particular Format and Codec?

Is this behaviour specific to the Edit page or is it also an issue on the Fairlight page?
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Return to DaVinci Resolve