why resolve doesn't remember media source?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Marinox23

why resolve doesn't remember media source?

PostMon Jan 17, 2022 9:28 am

Hello

(Studio 17.4)

What i mean is: if I open a project and want to add new videos to it, I always have to browse to the source folder in "media" mode again. Why resovle can't remember or be linked to one source folder, where other media of the same project are stored?
Is there a possibility to fix this?

Thank you!

Andy Mees

Re: why resolve doesn't remember media source?

PostMon Jan 17, 2022 11:11 am

If you right click in the Media Storage panel locations list pane, you can choose 'Add New Location' ... select any drive or folder path, and that location will be displayed thereafter directly in the Media Storage panel's locations list.

Or, if you right click on a folder in the Media Storage panel you can choose 'Add Folder to Favourites'... you then have instant access to those saved locations form the Media Storage panel's Favorites pane.
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

Re: why resolve doesn't remember media source?

PostMon Jan 17, 2022 2:58 pm

Hi

If you use an external hard disk, make sure to mount it with the same mount point or mapped drive.

The media pool's list view or metadata view can be used to verify the expected file path. Alternatively, you can right click and Reveal in Finder/Explorer to see if the operating system sees the same path.

Regards
Shrinivas

Return to DaVinci Resolve