LFE Filter on Fairlight

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Stef_0605

LFE Filter on Fairlight

PostMon Jan 17, 2022 12:39 pm

Hello!
I have doubt about LFE Filter:
If I use this Plugin on MASTER 2.1/3.1/5.1/7.1 (main out), I know that every signal under the Frequency I set will be redirect to the Subwoofer/LFE channel (.1)

Does It means that the others surround channels (2., 3., 5.) won't have that signal under that Frequency?

From what I understood, this plugin "splice" the signal incoming : under the Frequency set to the Subwoofer/LFE channel; over the Frequency set to the others channels.

Cause If I listen to a 2.1 mix on a 2.0 headphone, for instance, It would sound completelly thin, without any bass. Does It make sense?

Just to confirm with you guys :D
Tnks!

Reynaud Venter

Re: LFE Filter on Fairlight

PostMon Jan 17, 2022 12:49 pm

The LFE Filter only applies to the LFE channel. This is easily confirmed by way of the Trim control which only affects the LFE channel. Insert an instance of the Fairlight Meter AFX plugin post the LFE Filter.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Return to DaVinci Resolve