Fairlight - vinyl Spindown or speed ramp audio effect Linux

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

chlowden

Fairlight - vinyl Spindown or speed ramp audio effect Linux

PostMon Jan 17, 2022 9:59 pm

Hello
I looking for a way to create the vinyle spindown pitch audio effect. I thought I could do it easily by making key frames in the automation using the pitch plugin, but it does not work for me.
The Izotope Vinyl plugin has the spindown parameters as shown on the YT video below :
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/vinyl.html

But I'm using Centos 7 and the plug only works on mac & PC.

Does anyone have an idea if there is a linux plugin that fairlight can use or how to do it suing the tools in Resolve Studio?
Thanks

Andy Mees

Re: Fairlight - vinyl Spindown or speed ramp audio effect Li

PostMon Jan 17, 2022 11:35 pm

Try a few Elastic Wave speed keyframes (with Inspector > Speed Change > Pitch Correction disabled)... that might get you in the ballpark for what you're looking for.
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Charles Bennett

PostTue Jan 18, 2022 1:37 am

The free plugin Izotope Vinyl has a spindown function. Find it here.
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/vinyl.html
Izotope Vinyl.jpg
Izotope Vinyl.jpg (72.92 KiB) Viewed 978 times

Oops, just seen that you're on Linux. ;)
Resolve Studio 19.0b build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

chlowden

PostTue Jan 18, 2022 4:18 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.
I was wondering if any open source plugins can do this? What is the official title for this effect as I am struggling to find stuff on the web about how other apps do it?

Andy Mees

PostTue Jan 18, 2022 5:19 pm

Per the physics, it's nothing more than a speed ramp (without Pitch Shift)... if Elastic Wave isn't your thing, try linking your audio clip to any video clip (you can make it a Compound Clip) ... then use the Speed Ramp > Down to 0% preset in the video item's Retime Controls.

If you're dead set on finding and using a prebuilt plug-in tho, I doubt it's an "official title" but you might try searching for 'Tape Stop'.
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

chlowden

PostTue Jan 18, 2022 6:31 pm

Andy Mees wrote:Per the physics, it's nothing more than a speed ramp (without Pitch Shift)... if Elastic Wave isn't your thing, try linking your audio clip to any video clip (you can make it a Compound Clip) ... then use the Speed Ramp > Down to 0% preset in the video item's Retime Controls.

If you're dead set on finding and using a prebuilt plug-in tho, I doubt it's an "official title" but you might try searching for 'Tape Stop'.

"Tape stop" changes the results a lot. Thanks

I have found
https://snapcraft.io/infamous
that could do the trick
but it is an lv2 plugin.
I am discovering that resolve linux is not very audio plugin friendly. Is this right?

Return to DaVinci Resolve