Rendering video on proxy media

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

TempestSpear

Rendering video on proxy media

PostTue Jan 18, 2022 3:41 pm

I saw tips on using proxy media when editing and I gave it a try. It improved my playback speed a lot and the software no longer lags.

What I am concerned, however, is that when I finished editing everything and clicked on rendering so that my final video is created, it created it with that poor quality.

I compared the 4k original gopro footage vs the final version of my video and the difference is massive.

My question is: when I am done editing, how do I turn the timeline footage that will be rendered in the final video to it's original state? I think my final video is rendered using the proxy media and not the original one.

Thank you!

stesin

Re: Rendering video on proxy media

PostTue Jan 18, 2022 4:59 pm

On the delivery page in the video section, tick off the checkbox for proxy media usage.
Blackmagick DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.4.6
Blackmagick Speed Editor USB cable connected
Linux Ubuntu 22.04 (5.18.14)
Asus G750 i7-4860HQ 32GB RAM
NVidia 980M 8Gb (510.85.02 CUDA: 11.6)
2x166GB SSDs in RAID0 - DVRS Caches
1x4TB Samsung EVO 870 SSD

TempestSpear

Re: Rendering video on proxy media

PostWed Jan 19, 2022 7:04 am

stesin wrote:On the delivery page in the video section, tick off the checkbox for proxy media usage.

Hi stesin

Where exactly can I find this option? Can you help with a screenshot, please? I can't find it :(

Return to DaVinci Resolve