How can my Resolve projects be auto saved on cloud instead

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

CrackerJackFlash

How can my Resolve projects be auto saved on cloud instead

PostTue Jan 18, 2022 6:47 pm

I'm newish to both Davinci and Windows and would like the working file to autosave on the cloud instead of my hard drive, just in case my drive dies in the middle of a project. Bonus would be to autosave both on my hard drive and One Drive as I work on each edit.

Currently, everything is being saved under the standard path and I'm on a Windows 10 platform: Windows = C:/Users/<your user name>/AppData/Roaming/BlackMagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Support/Resolve Disk Database

Igor Riđanović

Re: How can my Resolve projects be auto saved on cloud inste

PostTue Jan 18, 2022 6:57 pm

You don't want to change that path to a high latency storage. Keep the disc database in it's default location and if you wish setup some automated cloud backup that periodically uploads the DB. It need not even be a cloud backup solution. It can be an additional drive attached to your computer. In fact, that would be a better performing solution.

You can do a homebrew backup solution using a script like this:
https://www.hdhead.com/?p=841
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

CrackerJackFlash

PostTue Jan 18, 2022 7:11 pm

Igor Riđanović wrote:You don't want to change that path to a high latency storage. Keep the disc database in it's default location and if you wish setup some automated cloud backup that periodically uploads the DB. It need not even be a cloud backup solution. It can be an additional drive attached to your computer. In fact, that would be a better performing solution.

You can do a homebrew backup solution using a script like this:
https://www.hdhead.com/?p=841

Thanks for the heads up on that! The link is a bit over my head, but I have someone who can walk me through it later. Thanks a bunch!

Uli Plank

PostWed Jan 19, 2022 2:14 am

You might be able to script this, but at least I'd recommend to export a .drp file to the cloud by hand every few hours or minimum once a day. These are small and can save your behind.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

CrackerJackFlash

PostThu Jan 20, 2022 12:21 am

Good one Uli, I will do that immediately!

Return to DaVinci Resolve