Can you retake certification exams?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

bryantocara

Can you retake certification exams?

PostTue Jan 18, 2022 11:48 pm

Saw the button available on the website to take certification exams for different parts of the software and I almost started it on my phone (being the, "just-get-it-done" type person), but then I stopped...

My thinking was to do a whole round just to see where I am at without studying (I might surprise myself)... and then go back and retake the ones I may not pass after a refresher.

BUT, if you can only take each exam once... then I won't risk it.

Can anyone confirm for me if you can retake any exam as many times as you want? Or is there a limit?

Sent from my motorola razr using Tapatalk

Andy Mees

Re: Can you retake certification exams?

PostWed Jan 19, 2022 12:29 am

If i remember correctly it says you you can sit each test 3 times... so if for some reason you miss the pass mark on the first attempt that means you'd still be allowed two more tries. After that, if you email them I think they'll reset your counter.
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Return to DaVinci Resolve