How To Add Programming Code and copying the code formatting

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

sekabomba

How To Add Programming Code and copying the code formatting

PostWed Jan 19, 2022 11:39 pm

Is there a way that I could copy a programming code and just place it as a text in resolve? I'm trying to copy code with its fonts and formatting to display it as text.

An image below would show what I want exactly.

Simply I want to copy the text's styling into a text title in resolve and show it in my videos.

jhoepffner

Re: How To Add Programming Code and copying the code formatt

PostThu Jan 20, 2022 6:57 am

I think you cannot copy and paste the text with his style because there is no styling in Resolve and even with style it would not be the same description between your text editor and Resolve. See the problems when you import styles from Word to inDesign…
The question is more acute with coding where style is never in the file but an interpretation by the editing software (more likely Sublime Text or Visual Studio instead of Word…) knowing by the suffix what is the langage (as .py for Python).
I would recommand to make a screen capture in your text editor and import it as image in Resolve.
If you want to reconstruct the coding style, I would recommand After Effect where do you have real styling possibilities with the possibility to import PDF with transparency.
W10 Ryzen7 3800X nVidia 3090 RAM 64 DVR-Fusion Studio 18.6.5 SSD 2To raid0 32To (HD) raid0 8To (SSD)
MSI G65 W10 / RAM 32 nVidia 1070 Intel Core i7-8750H DVR Studio 18.6.5
MBP 15" (2012) OS 10.14.6 RAM 16 nVidia 650M Intell i7 DVR Studio 17.4

Hataki

Re: How To Add Programming Code and copying the code formatt

PostSat Dec 30, 2023 4:39 am

jhoepffner wrote:I think you cannot copy and paste the text with his style because there is no styling in Resolve and even with style it would not be the same description between your text editor and Resolve. See the problems when you import styles from Word to inDesign…
The question is more acute with coding where style is never in the file but an interpretation by the editing software (more likely Sublime Text or Visual Studio instead of Word…) knowing by the suffix what is the langage (as .py for Python). I remember when I needed to definitely find information regarding who can help with converting my pdf file to a Word text document as part of my academic endeavors, it is now a must. I here recommend you to definitely look and familiarize yourself with typing services online and they helped me a lot in working on the text and made it as beautiful and in a convenient format as possible.
I would recommand to make a screen capture in your text editor and import it as image in Resolve.
If you want to reconstruct the coding style, I would recommand After Effect where do you have real styling possibilities with the possibility to import PDF with transparency.

Transform your exhaust system into a symphony of precision with our high-performance exhaust clamps . Meticulously engineered for both durability and precision, these clamps ensure a secure fit, minimizing leaks and optimizing exhaust flow. Upgrade your vehicle's exhaust system with confidence using our advanced exhaust clamps , setting the standard for reliability.

Return to DaVinci Resolve