Problem Delivering the Complete Timeline

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Dame1701

Problem Delivering the Complete Timeline

PostWed Jan 19, 2022 11:41 pm

Hi,

Hope someone can help as this is driving me a bit mad. I have created a video which is around 8m in length however Resolve will not create a final delivery file of more than 6m 34s. On the timeline an outpoint keeps getting set as soon as I press the Render all button in the Delivery tab for a YouTube video. The last part of the timeline from 6m 34s onwards appears dimmed and then that part is not rendered to the final delivery file.

If I click on the entire Timeline option in the Render dropdown, the outpoint changes to cover the entire timeline. However as soon as I press the Render All button, the outpoint resets itself to 6m 34s. I have tried the Clear In and Out in the Mark menu. This again highlights the entire timeline, but again as soon as I press Render All it resets to 6m 34s and fails to render the video.

Ihave also tried manually setting the outpoint on the timeline using the slider. Again it will allow the whole timeline to be selected but as soon as I press Render All, it goes right back to 6m 34s.

Based on other forum posts with a similar problem, I have ensured that the Render is set to single clip mode and I have also made sure that All clips is selected under the Clips dropdown in the Delivery tab.

I'm not sure what else to try or why the out point keeps getting set to 6m 34s, it doesn't seem to make any logical sense. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to sort this issue?

Many thanks,

Damien

Peter Cave

Re: Problem Delivering the Complete Timeline

PostThu Jan 20, 2022 3:21 am

Did you update the render settings by modifying each item in the render queue? If not, nothing will change as each item in the render list has it's own in and out marks set for rendering.
Resolve 18.6.6 Mac OSX 14.4.1 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

Charles Bennett

PostThu Jan 20, 2022 11:53 am

You need to clear the out point by clicking Alt+X. It should then render the whole timeline.
Resolve Studio 19.0b1 build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

Dame1701

PostTue Feb 01, 2022 10:54 pm

Many thanks for your replies. I have indeed tried clearing the out point with Alt and X but as soon as I go back to render again, it sets the out point back. After messing around with clearing the out point for a while and clearing out the render queue then setting up a new render eventually worked (after I'd repeated this process several times). However periodically the problem comes back and I have to mess around for several minutes creating and clearing render jobs before it will work again. I think this might be a bug. Next time it happens I'll do a screen record so I can show the problem.

Cheers,

Damien

Return to DaVinci Resolve