Audio Stopped Working

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jules2jules

Audio Stopped Working

PostThu Jan 20, 2022 11:06 pm

Hi its Julie Again,

Sorry. I forgot to tell you the audio works on the source screen. It just won't work in the time line.
What am I doing wrong?

Thank you
Julie

Jules2jules

Re: Audio Stopped Working

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 3:57 pm

Hi,
Even when I create a new video with new audio it doesn't work.
However, I did notice that on the far left near the title of the track is a 'FX' I guess this means I have an effect set. Would this cause my audio to shut down.

The audio will not play for me. I've tried everything. I told you everything I know.

Please help. I've worked really hard on this project. I even created a new project and brought in new video and new audio and it still won't work.

Help!!
Julie

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 8:32 pm

What version of Resolve are you using?

What type of system are you using (Mac, Windows or Linux)?

Do you have a BMD I/O device in the system?

If you are using Resolve 17.4.3, and if you are on Windows and if you have a BMD I/O device, then open Resolve Preferences - System - Video and Audio I/O.

If you have a "Mirror I/O audio engine output" selection, select it, then save the prefs. Now does audio work?
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Jules2jules

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 8:54 pm

[quote="Dwaine Maggart"]What version of Resolve are you using?

What type of system are you using (Mac, Windows or Linux)?

Do you have a BMD I/O device in the system?

If you are using Resolve 17.4.3, and if you are on Windows and if you have a BMD I/O device, then open Resolve Preferences - System - Video and Audio I/O.

If you have a "Mirror I/O audio engine output" selection, select it, then save the prefs. Now does audio work?[/quote
Dwaine,
Thank you so much finally someone who knows how to fix issues. Thank you Thankyou.
Have a great day

Return to DaVinci Resolve