Possible to copy clip stabilization data?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

TheGuy

Possible to copy clip stabilization data?

PostFri Jan 21, 2022 4:35 pm

Use case:

I stabalized my clip and need to remove sensor dust. now that the clip is stabalized the dust moves so I'd like to use the clip stabilization data to track the movement of the dust. Just copy it and paste it to my patch repair node.

I try to copy the data in the color page by clicking the three dots on the stabalizer and clicking copy, then trying to paste that data to my patch replacer but it doesn't work. Is this a bug? Is there a reason I cut copy the stabilization dat?

Is there a way to stabalize the clip at the node level so I can fix the dust before I stabalize?

Igor Riđanović

Re: Possible to copy clip stabilization data?

PostFri Jan 21, 2022 10:16 pm

For these kinds of stabilizing gymnastics Fusion is a lot easier to use than the color page.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

carlomacchiavello

PostFri Jan 21, 2022 10:24 pm

Like told fusion should be easier, but …
You could apply dead pixel or patch ofx to remove dust, then compound clip, then stabilise it.
All in edit page.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

TheGuy

PostSat Jan 22, 2022 12:25 am

Thanks! The Dead Pixel fixer and compounding worked. I really need to start working with fusion more tho. Ive been avoiding it for far too long. haha.

Return to DaVinci Resolve