Audio on time line not working

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jules2jules

Audio on time line not working

PostFri Jan 21, 2022 9:51 pm

Hi,

It seems everyone is busy today. When you have a chance can you tell me why my audio in y timeline stopped working? It works in my source viewer from the media, but when its put into the timeline it stops.

Thanks in advance for looking into this issue.

Julie

TheGuy

Re: Audio on time line not working

PostFri Jan 21, 2022 10:20 pm

Any chance you have the audio track muted? On the very left hand side of the track s 'm' red?

Peter Cave

PostFri Jan 21, 2022 10:50 pm

Jules2jules wrote:Hi,

It seems everyone is busy today. When you have a chance can you tell me why my audio in y timeline stopped working? It works in my source viewer from the media, but when its put into the timeline it stops.

Thanks in advance for looking into this issue.

Julie

You have provided no information about your issue that will allow others to help.
Resolve 18.6.6 Mac OSX 14.4.1 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

Jules2jules

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 3:52 pm

TheGuy wrote:Any chance you have the audio track muted? On the very left hand side of the track s 'm' red?

No its not muted. Volume is turned up high.

In one of my audio tracks it shows near the title of the track FX. It is an effect, Do you think that could cause it? I can't seem to remove it.

Julie

Reynaud Venter

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 4:20 pm

Which plugin is instantiated? Is it a Fairlight AFX or third party plugin?

Does bypassing or deleting the plugin via the Fairlight Mixer or Track Inspector have any affect?

Is this behaviour present on the Edit or Fairlight Timeline?
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Jules2jules

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 6:57 pm

Reynaud Venter wrote:Which plugin is instantiated? Is it a Fairlight AFX or third party plugin?

Does bypassing or deleting the plugin via the Fairlight Mixer or Track Inspector have any affect?

Is this behaviour present on the Edit or Fairlight Timeline?

I don't use any plugin. only Fairlight AFX

I don't know how to bypass it.

It happens in Edit mode

Reynaud Venter

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 7:26 pm

Plugins may be bypassed or deleted via the Track Inspector's Effects tab (Audio) on both the Edit and Fairlight Timeline.

Plugins may also be individually bypassed by toggling the dedicated red Bypass toggle switch in the plugin window.

Plugins may also be disabled, bypassed, or deleted via the Fairlight Mixer's Insert section. Ensure that the "Effects" and "Effects In" options are enabled in the Fairlight Mixer's Additional Options (3 dots) menu.

Refer to:
Resolve 17 Manual | Page 620 | Chapter 37 | Using the Inspector in the Edit Page
Page 3245 | Chapter 172 | Audio Clip Specific Inspector Adjustments
Page 3297 | Chapter 175 | Audio Effects
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Jules2jules

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 8:21 pm

Reynaud Venter wrote:Plugins may be bypassed or deleted via the Track Inspector's Effects tab (Audio) on both the Edit and Fairlight Timeline.

Plugins may also be individually bypassed by toggling the dedicated red Bypass toggle switch in the plugin window.

Plugins may also be disabled, bypassed, or deleted via the Fairlight Mixer's Insert section. Ensure that the "Effects" and "Effects In" options are enabled in the Fairlight Mixer's Additional Options (3 dots) menu.

Refer to:
Resolve 17 Manual | Page 620 | Chapter 37 | Using the Inspector in the Edit Page
Page 3245 | Chapter 172 | Audio Clip Specific Inspector Adjustments
Page 3297 | Chapter 175 | Audio Effects

I don't have any plugins. My audio will not work. Is there someone there who can help me. When I used my arrows on the time line the audio no longer works. Please help. Don't just run me around please.

Julie

Reynaud Venter

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 8:31 pm

Jules2jules wrote:In one of my audio tracks it shows near the title of the track FX. It is an effect, Do you think that could cause it?
A screenshot indicating what you are referring to will be useful.

When I used my arrows on the time line the audio no longer works
Can you demo this behaviour with a screen capture?

Return to DaVinci Resolve