Space Bar Driving Me Crazy Puase/Start/Stop

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Scott.g

Space Bar Driving Me Crazy Puase/Start/Stop

PostTue Jan 25, 2022 4:01 pm

Hi Guys
I don't know when this started or if it always did it.

I'm on the color page.. 50 clips, when I hit the space bar, the selected clip plays, but if I hit the space bar to stop, and it has moved on to the next clip when I do, the whole thing jumps back to the third clip. This must be a setting, but I am stumped and it is slowing me down having to go find the clip I was working on all the time..

Any Ideas anyone?

Yasir Salah

Re: Space Bar Driving Me Crazy Puase/Start/Stop

PostWed Jan 26, 2022 4:23 am

I’m not sure what kind of computer you are on, maybe you have programmed your space bar for another task? Which I doubt, but check on that.
Since this is your 3rd post and no answer, I will try to help you trouble shoot, so I’ll throw these tips.

These will work on Edit Page and somewhat on Color Page,

See if it’s the same way on the edit page.

You can color your clips to a different to color, and do a command z, to see your timeline all at once
Now play one clip, make a note of its color, then hit space bar and see where it stops, then hit space bar again and see where it lands: if what you notice it jumps to next clip and so on.
Also, make sure you on the timeline, to do that there is a small red horizontal bar, it will show you which window you are on: like viewer, or media pool or timeline.
Under keyboard customization Option+ Command+ K, on a Mac , and look under playback > Pause/Start Playback, under keystroke it should say Space.

Another one, try to use your mouse to play under your viewer, and see if there is a difference.

Or, try your keyboard shortcuts. JKL, the K will stop, the L will play.

Not sure if I helped. But let me know what you find.

Good luck.

bryantocara

PostWed Jan 26, 2022 12:39 pm

Seems like you have "stop and go to last position" toggled on. I have that set to a shortcut key since I toggle that on and off frequently when mastering audio, or if I want to spot check the same spot over and over for color artifacts, etc.

Sent from my motorola razr using Tapatalk

Scott.g

PostWed Jan 26, 2022 3:45 pm

I figured it out, it's a bug in DaVinci, in my opinion.

I have placed a PNG logo file that runs the full length of the video from the start. It sits in the bottom corner slightly transparent.. when I click the space bar it always jumps back to the start of where I placed the png file.
I removed it, and all is normal..

real pain in the butt..

roger.magnusson

PostWed Jan 26, 2022 4:25 pm

You can try this; On the Color page, Alt/Option click the track header where the PNG is located. This makes Resolve ignore the clips on the track but still lets you see it in the preview.

Yasir Salah

PostWed Jan 26, 2022 5:25 pm

Scott.g wrote:I figured it out, it's a bug in DaVinci, in my opinion.

I have placed a PNG logo file that runs the full length of the video from the start. It sits in the bottom corner slightly transparent.. when I click the space bar it always jumps back to the start of where I placed the png file.
I removed it, and all is normal..

real pain in the butt..

I tried to duplicate your timeline, added a png image in the edit page, when shortcut (Shift+6) takes me to color page, I had the same results you had, but when I turned off loop playing, the timeline resumed all the way to the end.
Attachments
play loop.jpg
Turn_Loop_Off
play loop.jpg (572.83 KiB) Viewed 433 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve