RTX Voice integration in Resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

techschurmaven

RTX Voice integration in Resolve

PostThu Feb 03, 2022 9:14 pm

Question for Resolve team:

When can we expect RTX Voice support in Resolve for audio processing? Nvidia has released the RTX Voice SDK for supported applications. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/broadcasting/broadcast-sdk/resources/

Today I was trying to clean up a terrible audio recording with super loud hum and hiss. Resolve's audio noise plugins barely made a dent in the torrent of background noise, even when using the Learn feature.

I also tried Izotope RX 9, which is supposed to be really great, but there wasn't much difference.

Then I had an idea. Since I have Nvidia Broadcast installed, which applies machine learning to noise removal using RTX technology on the GPU die, I played the clip through the Nvidia Speaker output with the noise removal plugin enabled and strength set to max.

My Jaw Hit The Floor.

The result was spectacular. The hum and hiss was 99% GONE, with minimal voice distortion or harmonics or volume loss.

I would love to see Resolve integrate RTX Voice in the next major release.

roger.magnusson

Re: RTX Voice integration in Resolve

PostThu Feb 03, 2022 9:23 pm

Someone has already used the API in a VST plugin. https://blog.xaymar.com/projects/voicefx/

Not sure BMD would implement it themselves as that would make Resolve projects that use it incompatible with the macOS version of Resolve.

peterjackson

PostFri Feb 04, 2022 2:19 pm

Yes, just use the VST.
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

techschurmaven

PostWed Feb 09, 2022 11:04 pm

roger.magnusson wrote:Someone has already used the API in a VST plugin. https://blog.xaymar.com/projects/voicefx/

Not sure BMD would implement it themselves as that would make Resolve projects that use it incompatible with the macOS version of Resolve.

This plugin is currently broken for Resolve with NVIDIA drivers beyond v472. I tried it myself, the plugin has a 'failed to load' error in plugins manager. All dependencies were installed. I tried both VST 2 and VST 3 versions.

Audacity also did not work with the VST plugin.

The developer notes that they are waiting on NVIDIA and and Blackmagic for further developments.

peterjackson

PostThu Feb 10, 2022 5:24 am

There are so many issues, including possible GPU damage, with drivers beyond 472, what is the point of using them?
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

Jim Simon

PostThu Feb 10, 2022 1:10 pm

techschurmaven wrote:I would love to see Resolve integrate RTX Voice in the next major release.

Make a Feature Request.

viewforum.php?f=33
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Ray Snell

PostThu Feb 10, 2022 1:59 pm

peterjackson wrote:There are so many issues, including possible GPU damage, with drivers beyond 472, what is the point of using them?

Hi Peter,

You're the second person to reference this in the last few days.
Do you have a source link for it please?
Windows 10
i7-4790K@ 4.6Ghz
32GB 2400MHz Kingston DDR3
MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11Gb
Samsung 850 Evo 512GB - 2x 860 Evo 4Tb
Synology DS1821+ & 5x Ironwolf Pro 4Tb
Behringer UMC404HD, Audio Technica AT2035
Shure SM58, SM57, Beta52, SM7b

techschurmaven

PostFri Jul 22, 2022 7:05 pm

Its been a few months. If anyone knows of a solution to the problems with RTX Voice in Resolve, please leave a comment.

Return to DaVinci Resolve