Bug? Pre/post-clip node graph locking

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ppblais

Bug? Pre/post-clip node graph locking

PostMon Feb 07, 2022 7:32 pm

I am not sure if this is a bug per say or more to do with me not fully understanding how Resolves wants you to use grading groups, but I have noticed that if I filter my clips view or my lightbox window to show only clips from a specific group, the node graph for either pre or post-clip becomes locked and only the clip node graph is editable.

If I remove the filter they unlock, and strangely enough if I then turn the group filter back on again they remain unlocked, but as soon as I switch to another clip within the group it locks again and will only unlock if I remove the group filter.

this last behavior is what makes me think it might be a bug.

or is it just me? am I just missing something here?

if this is the expected behavior, it feels odd to me, because when working in pre/post-clip mode I like to switch between clips of a same group to verify that what i am doing makes sense across multiple clips. On a complex project where clips of a same group can be several minutes apart on the timeline, filtering my clip view to only show that group makes things more manageable... having things lock every time I switch clip seems counter intuitive to me...

Marco Maroccolo

Re: Bug? Pre/post-clip node graph locking

PostMon Oct 03, 2022 8:13 am

Have you solved it somehow, or does anyone know of a solution? Because I'm having the same problem...

Thanks!
- Marco.
Resolve Studio 18.0.4 build 5 | macOS 12.6 | Mac Pro Studio (2022) Apple M1 Ultra | 128 GB RAM

Return to DaVinci Resolve