I can't open DaVinci Resolve at all

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

hnair2001

I can't open DaVinci Resolve at all

PostFri Mar 18, 2022 7:55 pm

I recently downloaded DaVinci Resolve 17 but after I completed the Quick setup. DaVinci Resolve won't open, I tried to open it again and it wouldn't open. I opened task bar and tried one more time but DaVinci resolve will just suspend after a few seconds. What can I do to fix this?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: I can't open DaVinci Resolve at all

PostFri Mar 18, 2022 8:23 pm

In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.

If you are a new Forum user, you may not be allowed to post URLs. If this happens, just put a space near the front of the URL, so the system doesn't think it's a URL.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

hnair2001

PostFri Mar 18, 2022 11:40 pm

Here is the link for the Capture log file:
htt ps://drive.google.com/file/d/1cnp6yJetD ... sp=sharing

Here is the link for the .NFO file:
htt ps://drive.google.com/file/d/149k1WCu2C ... sp=sharing

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 21, 2022 5:51 pm

You likely have an OpenCL related app installed that is interfering with the Resolve GPU detect process.

Look in the Windows Programs and Features control panel, and see if you have any apps with OpenCL in the name. If so, try uninstalling them to see if that allows Resolve to launch.

A typical app that seems to cause this issue is the Microsoft OpenCL™ and OpenGL® Compatibility Pack.
Dwaine Maggart

hnair2001

PostTue Mar 22, 2022 1:27 am

I deleted OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack and it worked.
Thank you so much.

AnilGrover

PostSat Oct 01, 2022 6:54 am

Hi,
Resolve 15 installed on my Win 10 laptop suddenly stopped opening. As detailed above, I generated 2 files and have shared these on Google Drive. Link as below. Please help resolve the issue.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Oct 03, 2022 8:18 pm

That version of Resolve is really too old to help with. But it looks like Resolve is opening in the most recent log file. You were able to load project Parda hai DVR copy. So what's the issue?
Dwaine Maggart

AnilGrover

PostTue Oct 04, 2022 5:15 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:That version of Resolve is really too old to help with. But it looks like Resolve is opening in the most recent log file. You were able to load project Parda hai DVR copy. So what's the issue?

Thanks, Dwaine, for your prompt revert. Resolve is now working. It appears to have hanged for a while.

Return to DaVinci Resolve