Trying to run resolve on new MBP with retina

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

BuckRawgers

Trying to run resolve on new MBP with retina

PostWed Nov 27, 2013 3:02 am

I recently just bought a new lap top, a 2.0 GHz 15" MacBook Pro with retina display to try to use Resolve 9 lite at home for a color correction class I am taking. I can open up the program just fine, but once I create a project, I keep getting the "Your GPU memory is full" message and it says to reduce the timeline resolution or the number of correctors. I have been clicking buttons for the last few days, trying to reduce the resolution and what not, but nothing seems to be working. Does anyone know how to fix this or is my computer just not powerful enough to run the program?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Trying to run resolve on new MBP with retina

PostWed Nov 27, 2013 8:59 am

Hi Buck, which year us your rMBP? Which GPU is inside and how much ram does the GPU have? How much system ram do you have?... you can cross reference your system to the one listed in the config guide at the top of the post thread.
Peter
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Paul Beauchamp

Re: Trying to run resolve on new MBP with retina

PostWed Nov 27, 2013 3:35 pm

I'm pretty sure the 2.0ghz model only has the 'Intel Iris Pro Graphics' chip, you need the 2.3ghz to get the discrete Geforce GT750m chip. That's assuming your rMBP is from the current October 2013 'Haswell' lineup. I'm guessing without the discrete chip you might struggle with resolve..

Return to DaVinci Resolve