Color Page Viewer--zoom-in/out

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

SteveMullen

Color Page Viewer--zoom-in/out

PostWed Apr 13, 2022 2:49 am

On an M1Pro I find the Color Page Viewer does not function as described by V17 documentation. Not even close.

1) a gentle 2-finger drag moves the image left/right/up/down. Great!

2) However, a fast 2-finger drag causes the image to zoom-up, but sometimes causes it to zoom down. No way to zoom to FIT.

How can I turn-off the zooming in and zooming out?

Uli Plank

Re: Color Page Viewer--zoom-in/out

PostWed Apr 13, 2022 3:27 am

I can confirm that. That's why I don't even bother with the trackpad in Resolve, I use the mouse.
BM needs to fix this.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.7, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM
Sonoma 14.5 with 19b3 (sandbox)
SE, UltraStudio Monitor G3

SteveMullen

PostWed Apr 13, 2022 6:33 am

Thank you for your confirmation. Since v16 I've been posting problems with Resolve and a Mac trackpad.
I think I've fixed many of the trackpad issues, but sadly not the Viewer Zooming. From my paperback book on Resolve v16/v17:

1) Color Page controls are sliders which can be dragged vertically and dials that can be dragged horizontally. A drag is done with one-finger. However, it will be done using two fingers when MacOS is triggered, by a two-fingered tap (touch), into registering a Secondary click.

An accidental two-finger tap can lead to unusual slider action. To avoid accidents, select a lower-corner, single-clickSecondary click.

When finished grading, restore the two-finger click/tap Secondary click.

2) When dragging sliders in the Color Page you press on the trackpad with one finger. To avoid pressing while dragging, select System Preferences > Accessibility and select Pointer Control.

Click Trackpad Options. Click Enable dragging and select “three finger drag.”

Now to drag Color Page controls, simply put the cursor on a slider, place three fingers on the trackpad, and smoothly drag—no need to press on the trackpad.

When finished color grading, you can unselect Enable dragging.

3) The Media, Edit, and Deliver page Viewer responds to two-finger dragging in two ways: an image can be dragged left-right and up-down. And, a drag may zoom-in or zoom-out. To resize/center the image, click View > Zoom Viewer to Fit. The Color page Viewer also responds to two-finger dragging in two ways. To resize/center the image, click View > Zoom to Fit.

4) To add the ability to generate a middle-click from your trackpad, download MiddleClick from: https://github.com/cl3m/MiddleClick/releases. Unzip and drag MiddleClick to the Application folder.

Go to System Preferences > Users & Groups and select your profile. Select the Login Items tab.

Unlock and click +. Locate MiddleClick in the Application folder and add as startup item. Don’t check Hide MiddleClick.

Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy. Select Accessibility and then unlock and click +. Locate MiddleClick in the Application folder and add it.

Go to System Preferences > Trackpad. Under the Point & Click tab, uncheck Look up & data detectors.

If clicking with three fingers does not delete a point, confirm MiddleClick is in the upper-row of menu items.

If it is not present, relaunch the MiddleClick.

Uri, please try this and please provide feedback. Steve

matthewdavidking

PostThu Apr 28, 2022 3:54 pm

I've been having this issue too and it's beyond annoying. You can't even remotely attempt pinch zoom, and two finger drag causes rapid zoom in.

Michael Haggard

PostSun Oct 01, 2023 6:44 am

SteveMullen wrote:Thank you for your confirmation. Since v16 I've been posting problems with Resolve and a Mac trackpad.
I think I've fixed many of the trackpad issues, but sadly not the Viewer Zooming. From my paperback book on Resolve v16/v17:

Uri, please try this and please provide feedback. Steve

Somebody give this person a medal, please. Better yet, Blackmagic please fix this issue!!!

Then give Steve a medal.

Uli Plank

PostFri Oct 06, 2023 9:43 am

Sorry for the late reply, Steve. It works!
I hope based on your workarounds BM can fix it for good.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.7, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM
Sonoma 14.5 with 19b3 (sandbox)
SE, UltraStudio Monitor G3

Return to DaVinci Resolve