Export "Single Clips" with unique File names automatically?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Samskihero

PostFri Apr 22, 2022 5:16 pm

:? Driving me mad, I Have 60+ clips that need to be exported.

I Can not use "Individual Clips" I need to use "Single Clip" as they have titles etc...
I need to just add a number to the end of them so they stop overwriting each other, I've tried %Durations doesn't work... is it just not possible??

So far I am painfully going through and manually adding a new number to each clip and manually then adding to the render queue.. this is insanely slow and dumb most other software my export would have been finished by now and I'm still adding them to the queue.

Jim Simon

Re: Export "Single Clips" with unique File names automatical

PostFri Apr 22, 2022 7:06 pm

Samskihero wrote:tried %Durations doesn't work.
Why not? What happens?

Have you tried %Start Frame or %Start TC?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

xunile

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 2:46 am

If you can update to Resolve 18 Beta, you can now render individual clips with Fusion effects and Fairlight page effects. It is beta so it isn't without risk for now but will be a welcome change once it is final.

Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

iddos-l

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 6:01 am

There is no way(without scripting) to render out single clip without adding each one to the Q.
You can add %timelineindex% or indextimeline, I don’t remember, to give them a unique name without actually typing it again and again.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Cave

PostSun Apr 24, 2022 12:30 am

Clips with titles and overlay effects on multiple tracks should be made into Compound clips. You will now be able to export using Individual Clips mode. This will allow custom numbering and activate extra delivery options.
Resolve 19.0 b3 Mac OSX 14.5 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

ATallSkinnyStick

PostWed Mar 29, 2023 8:07 am

Hi I think I just found I way to work around it, and at least I didn’t see a clear answer on here so I’m posting what I did. Skip to last paragraph if you don’t want the why I had to figure this out, it’s really not important anyways lmao.

For context my work requires me to record a crap ton of clips and add a watermark and timecode over them (so I can’t just “Individual Clips” export because it’ll export the watermark individually). Alternatively you could create a compound clip (as mentioned above) out of the watermark and the original clip, but since everything you highlight together becomes one compound clip I loose all of the beginnings and ends of the clips so at first my process consisted of me making a marker before hand between each clip, then compounding it all together, then cutting at each marker, then exporting individually (I’m sure there was some other way to do it but that’s how it did it that once). Later on I felt like an idiot when I remembered I can select ins and outs upon export which is where I now needed to know this information.

I used Soccer %File Name, but it takes the information from the top layer, and currently my top layer is a fusion composition of a timecode (so instead of giving you the file name you want, it just gives you the same one over and over), but if you add all the same clips from the bottom layer to the top layer and “disable video track” on the left of the layer then it takes the information from the top clip while not rendering the clip over the watermark and timecode. As for doing the ins and outs of each clip I’m using pulovers macro to automate the “I,down,o,add to render” a million times.

Hopefully that helps the next person that comes across this thread :)

Edit: So after typing that out I tried it and even tho it names it the way you want to in the Render Queue window when it actually renders it out it’ll just go back to having a blank -_-, so instead of that along the top video track I made the opacity zero and that now works.

Also, just incase, when you type in the “%” just make sure to click the drop down that appears, just to make sure it actually uses the metadata

Return to DaVinci Resolve