Update : What is the best layout for editing Portrait Video?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Uli Plank

Re: Update : What is the best layout for editing Portrait Vi

PostFri Dec 09, 2022 3:07 am

Can somebody please put an end to this thread?
After all, we can see that BM is listening, there is vertical video now. And they will have read all the arguments regarding further development. It's up to them now if they see a good reason to put resources into this area or not.
If you don't like what you get, there's LumaFusion. It can even export an XML.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

eikonoklastes

PostFri Dec 09, 2022 9:33 am

jamedia wrote:I can critisize as much as some one who says "get left behind with the cranky old men and their rigid interfaces."

For what it's worth, that wasn't directed at you. I do now realise that it was clumsy to put it in the reply to your post, and how it must have been interpreted. I'll take more care henceforth. Cheers.

jamedia

PostFri Dec 09, 2022 9:58 am

eikonoklastes wrote:
jamedia wrote:I can critisize as much as some one who says "get left behind with the cranky old men and their rigid interfaces."

For what it's worth, that wasn't directed at you. I do now realise that it was clumsy to put it in the reply to your post, and how it must have been interpreted. I'll take more care henceforth. Cheers.

Thanks.
I have no problem with Resolve supporting vertical video. It does now, if not perfectly.
There are many other features a lot of people need before Resolve changes the UI so vertical works well on very small laptops.
The poeple who need that are a minority.
I expect BMD will get round to the UI revamp for vertical video as suggested.... probalby right about the time TikTok crashes and people move on the next big fashion. :-)
www.JAmedia.uk
[AMD Ryzen 5950X 16 Core CPU | 128GB Ram | NVIDIA 3080TI 12GB ]
[MB ASUS ProArt B550| C Drive:; 1TB M2 980 Pro | D Drive; 2TB M2 970 EVO ]
[ Win 11 home |Resolve Studio V18.6 | Speed Editor via USB | Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen| ]
Previous

Return to DaVinci Resolve