Audio issues after updgrading to RTX 3060 ti

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Annabel_Shanderin

Audio issues after updgrading to RTX 3060 ti

PostSun May 15, 2022 6:38 pm

Today I upgraded my GPU from a RTX 2070 to a RTX 3060 ti, and to my big disappointment, I am now getting audio crackling and pops when I playback my timelines in Davinci Resolve.

My specs are:

x3900 Ryzen
32gb ram
MSI Ventus Rtx 3060 ti
Audient Evo 4 (ASIO Audio interface)
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Everything was working fine before I upgraded, so it must have something to do with the GPU and Resolve. I am using Resolve 17.4.6 Build 4, and I have updated all drivers and tried all buffer sizes and made sure I am in the same sample rate (48khz) in both davinci, the audio driver and in Windows sound settings. In preferences, Audio I/O, I have selected ASIO and my soundcard.

It should be noted that I don't have any issues with audio in for example Ableton Live even when working with a buffer size of 32 samples and 40 tracks.

I have measured DPC latency with Latencymon and everything appears fine there.

So, yeah, it looks like Davinci doesn't like my new RTX 3060 ti. Any ideas?
Last edited by Annabel_Shanderin on Sun May 15, 2022 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alex=Alex

Re: Audio issues after updgrading to RTX 3060 ti

PostSun May 15, 2022 8:03 pm

Did you make sure your power supply has enough power to cover your GPU and sound card? Not sure if its the issue but i would check it out.
But as a side note, generally you shouldn't be using audio cards. External audio interfaces are much more reliable and offer more features.
Ive used the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC202HD for about 5 years now. Its not at all the best interface you can get, but for 100 dollars it is amazing and ive ran into no issues. It Will be better than any audio card you have.
Inside the box? I didn't know about any box...

Alex=Alex

PostSun May 15, 2022 8:07 pm

Im sorry, i looked up the audio device you are using and realized it isnt an audio card. For future reference audio cards are either built into the motherboard or additions you can add on to the motherboard. That is a USB interface like the one i showed.
I haven't used it, but check reviews and see if anybody else is having an issue. It could just be pure coincidence that it stopped working. Cheap stuff sometimes does that.
Also make sure it grounded, or on your desk (not on the floor or any metal) as that can create a lot of interference's especially for cheap interfaces.
If you keep having issues and cant figure out what it is, i would just buy a more widely used prosumer audio interface.

Alex=Alex

PostSun May 15, 2022 8:10 pm

also does it run into issues like crackling on playback or export? if export please tell me what your audio export settings are.

Annabel_Shanderin

PostSun May 15, 2022 11:02 pm

Hi Alex, Thank you for your response. You are right, it is of course not a 'soundcard' as it is not sitting in a slot in the motherboard. Don't know why I called it like that. Anyway, the evo 4 is actually a quite good audio interface, and as I mentioned, it still works completely fine in other applications, even when stressed hard.

My power supply is decent (80+ gold) and delivers more than enough power for the whole system, so that can't be the issue either.

Haven't tried exporting yet, but I would be very surprised if the audio glitches would be there too. It seems to be very much a timeline thing. The faster I playback the timeline, the more it intensifies. Also, it is happening more in the edit page than in the fairlight page.

It just seems so weird that it was working fine with the RTX 2070, and now this...

Alex=Alex

PostMon May 16, 2022 11:47 am

Have you tried switching to on board audio? Just to check if its the issue of the audio interface or not. Also you may want to submit a bug report to Blackmagic about this.

peterjackson

PostMon May 16, 2022 1:02 pm

Install LatencyMon and post a Screenshot of result. Everything else is just speculation.

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

Annabel_Shanderin

PostTue May 17, 2022 12:08 pm

Alex=Alex wrote:Have you tried switching to on board audio? Just to check if its the issue of the audio interface or not. Also you may want to submit a bug report to Blackmagic about this.

I just tried my RME babyface, and while it is a lot better, there still is clicks and pops regardless of the settings. The weird thing is, I didn't have an issue at all before replacing the RTX 2070 with the RTX 3060 ti, so it must have something to do with the new GPU.

This guy seems to have a similar issue with the same GPU although with a different audio interface: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=138537

And this person seems to suggest its related to the studio version only, not the free version: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=146281

I use the Studio version, by the way.

Just tried exporting some video with audio, and there are no audio glitches in the exported video.

Also, the cracks are more numerous and more pronounced when playing back backwards. By the way, I don't get audio when playing backwards in color page and delivery page. Fusion page is most of the time silent. Is this normal?

Annabel_Shanderin

PostTue May 17, 2022 12:10 pm

peterjackson wrote:Install LatencyMon and post a Screenshot of result. Everything else is just speculation.

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Hi Peter

Thanks for getting in. Here is a screenshot of the drivers page in LatencyMon:

Screenshot (35).png
Screenshot (35).png (265.63 KiB) Viewed 4869 times

peterjackson

PostTue May 17, 2022 12:20 pm

I would downgrade to the latest 472.xx studio driver for a test and see if you get better numbers and less crackle.

Also wdf01000.sys is rather high. This is basically a shim which other drivers use. But you can't see what it using it. Try disabling ethernet, wireless, Bluetooth, on board audio in device Manger and sew if that makes wdf01000.sys drop. Also there is of course known issues with audio Latency with Nvidia drivers in particular when shaders are used. So should be to make it better, but it will never be in ballpark of an AMD card.
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

Annabel_Shanderin

PostTue May 17, 2022 12:44 pm

peterjackson wrote:I would downgrade to the latest 472.xx studio driver for a test and see if you get better numbers and less crackle.

Also wdf01000.sys is rather high. This is basically a shim which other drivers use. But you can't see what it using it. Try disabling ethernet, wireless, Bluetooth, on board audio in device Manger and sew if that makes wdf01000.sys drop. Also there is of course known issues with audio Latency with Nvidia drivers in particular when shaders are used. So should be to make it better, but it will never be in ballpark of an AMD card.

Thanks for the swift response, Peter.

To my understanding from having dealt with dpc latency issues in a DAW situation previously, what matters are the "execution times" and they seem pretty decent to me at less than 0,05 ms.

I tried different driver versions from nvidia already. No luck.

The weird thing is that it worked fine with the RTX 2070, which basically uses the same drivers.

Oh, one thing I noticed is that Resolve no longer takes exclusive control of the audio driver even though the box in sound settings is set for that. Which is very strange, and it might have something to do with it. Any ideas of how I get it to do that again? As mentioned, the box is ticked... - Never mind. I uninstalled the audio driver and installed it again, and now Resolve takes exclusive control of it.
Attachments
Screenshot (37).png
Screenshot (37).png (108.83 KiB) Viewed 4852 times

John Paines

PostTue May 17, 2022 1:01 pm

I think someone else asked you about system audio (did you try?) ,but there's also the "Clean Feed" option, to take the audio direct from the 3060 ti. Have you tried either? It "sounds" like the USB interface....

mp14mp14

PostTue May 17, 2022 1:15 pm

same here:

This issue is driving me crazy.

I think it has something to do with the fact that Davinci is at 32bit and windows is only 24bit (audio depth)
I first I thought it was a sample rate conversion issue. it sounds pretty much like that. but it could be bith depth conflict

My PC:
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.70Ghz
256Gb Ram
Windows 10 Pro version 21H2
Nvidia 3090x3GPU
Audio: (two options both same results) Realtek USB audio internal or Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB external

Please blackmagic this is painful, I love Davinci but this issue makes impossible to work

peterjackson

PostTue May 17, 2022 1:21 pm

I don't expect that to be an issue, but you can try to install voicemeeter, point Resolve to that virtual input interface and set voicemmeeter A1 to whatever your audio device is.
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

peterjackson

PostTue May 17, 2022 1:24 pm

If you find that to make a difference you could use a more light wight solution such Sync Audio Router.
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

Annabel_Shanderin

PostTue May 17, 2022 1:33 pm

John Paines wrote:I think someone else asked you about system audio (did you try?) ,but there's also the "Clean Feed" option, to take the audio direct from the 3060 ti. Have you tried either? It "sounds" like the USB interface....

Hi John,
Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried running the audio through the GPU (through the DP cable to my screen and listening from headphones through that). The glitches are almost absent with this method. Which, as you point out, suggests the USB audio interfaces to be the problem. However, I did not have this issue before upgrading my GPU, and while the Audient audio interface might be a cheap one it works rock solid in premiere, ableton live, reaper, audition etc. etc.. And RME is known for their incredibly stable drivers and likewise performs without a glitch in every other app I tried. I suspect some disagreement between Resolve and the RTX 3060 ti.

Annabel_Shanderin

PostTue May 17, 2022 1:35 pm

mp14mp14 wrote:same here:

This issue is driving me crazy.

I think it has something to do with the fact that Davinci is at 32bit and windows is only 24bit (audio depth)
I first I thought it was a sample rate conversion issue. it sounds pretty much like that. but it could be bith depth conflict

My PC:
256Gb Ram
Nvidia 3090x3GPU
Audio: (two options both same results) Realtek USB audio internal or Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB external

Please blackmagic this is painful, I love Davinci but this issue makes impossible to work

Hi Mariano, thanks for sharing.

I suspect there might be a conflict with the RTX 30-series and Resolve.

Annabel_Shanderin

PostTue May 17, 2022 1:35 pm

peterjackson wrote:I don't expect that to be an issue, but you can try to install voicemeeter, point Resolve to that virtual input interface and set voicemmeeter A1 to whatever your audio device is.

Hi Peter,

I am not sure I follow. How would virtual routing solve the problem?

mp14mp14

PostTue May 17, 2022 1:49 pm

I don't think virtual rewiring will be a solution. that's actually what universal audio does thru the console. and it's not helping in my case.

Annabel_Shanderin

PostWed May 18, 2022 6:03 am

More people have the same issue: https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=120429&start=50
Looks like a general problem with resolve studio in the last couple of versions.

peterjackson

PostWed May 18, 2022 9:32 am

Annabel_Shanderin wrote:
peterjackson wrote:I don't expect that to be an issue, but you can try to install voicemeeter, point Resolve to that virtual input interface and set voicemmeeter A1 to whatever your audio device is.

Hi Peter,

You have full controll of buffers asio/wdm/ds/ks and sample rate conversion and are not limited by physical device drivers.
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

Annabel_Shanderin

PostWed May 18, 2022 1:44 pm

peterjackson wrote:
Annabel_Shanderin wrote:

Hi Peter,

You have full controll of buffers asio/wdm/ds/ks and sample rate conversion and are not limited by physical device drivers.

Just now tested Voicemeeter and the different drivers there. Didn't help, but thanks for the suggestion.

peterjackson

PostWed May 18, 2022 3:56 pm

Hmm. Do you have a different PCIe Slot to try? Is this a PCIe gen 4 card and the 20 something a gen 3 card? Is there a bios update? Can you try it a machine of a friend?
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

Peter McLennan

PostWed May 18, 2022 4:57 pm

I've experienced the same issue for the last few revs of DR. As yet unresolved, even with V 18.

Does the problem disappear if you render "optimized media" ? It does for me.

Also, the problem only arises if I use 4K video in the timeline. Anything else (including still pix) doesn't show the problem. Are you using 4K video?

Problem is absent in final output, too. So that's good.

My next test is to try motherboard audio for output instead of my Behringer and ASIO.

Charles Bennett has a system similar to mine and he sends audio playback out via motherboard audio and doesn't see this issue.

Good luck. Maybe between us we can run this problem to earth.
ASUS ROG X570-E motherboard, Ryzen 9 3900X, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD boot, 2TB NVMe work, Zotac RTX 3060 12 GB, Behrenger Uphoria UMC 404HD.

Annabel_Shanderin

PostWed May 18, 2022 6:59 pm

peterjackson wrote:Hmm. Do you have a different PCIe Slot to try? Is this a PCIe gen 4 card and the 20 something a gen 3 card? Is there a bios update? Can you try it a machine of a friend?

I only have one PCIe slot and it's gen 4. The RTX 2070 is a gen 3 card. However, I have just had it back in the machine and it turns out the audio glitches with that card too. Now, I'm in doubt whether it has been like that all the time – it's possible, although I'm surprised it didn't bother me before if that is the case. I don't have the option to try either card in a different machine.

Regardless, it seems to be a problem with Resolve since no other app on my system is glitching out like that with the audio, and people are reporting similar issues related to the last couple of releases only (meaning it must be something recently introduced in Resolve that messed up the way it handles audio). So, I am starting to doubt that anyone but the developers can fix this, I just hope they are aware and working on it, since it's less than ideal.
Last edited by Annabel_Shanderin on Wed May 18, 2022 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Annabel_Shanderin

PostWed May 18, 2022 7:04 pm

Peter McLennan wrote:I've experienced the same issue for the last few revs of DR. As yet unresolved, even with V 18.

Does the problem disappear if you render "optimized media" ? It does for me.

Also, the problem only arises if I use 4K video in the timeline. Anything else (including still pix) doesn't show the problem. Are you using 4K video?

Problem is absent in final output, too. So that's good.

My next test is to try motherboard audio for output instead of my Behringer and ASIO.

Charles Bennett has a system similar to mine and he sends audio playback out via motherboard audio and doesn't see this issue.

Good luck. Maybe between us we can run this problem to earth.

Hi Peter M, thanks for chiming in.

I will try the things you mention next chance I get.

I use mostly 4k material, yes. Specifically h264 MP4 coming out of Sony alpha a6400 and ZV-e10. You?

Onboard audio is not an option for me. I need something to connect properly to my monitors.

peterjackson

PostWed May 18, 2022 9:05 pm

I'm sort of surprised voicemeeter made no difference. Are you sure you routed Resolve through its virtual input devices? Do things change if you crank up buffer settings in VM Config? I have hard time imagining noth8ng makes a difference at all.
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

peterjackson

PostWed May 18, 2022 9:08 pm

Ah. Something else to try. Can you put your audio interface to another USB controller? You can use USB tree view utility check which port goes to what controller. Also if you have a dedicated old 2.0 ports try these.
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

Peter McLennan

PostWed May 18, 2022 9:42 pm

I just updated my graphics card driver before installing V18 beta. The NVIDIA installer asked if I wanted to install the "NVIDIA High Definition Audio" driver. Ignorant of its function or necessity, I said yes.

Should I have done that? Do I need this driver? Or does ASIO handle everything?

Annabel: do you have the NIVIDIA HD audio component installed?

For clarification, this audio problem existed before I installed V18 beta. Not sure if the NVIDIA High Definition Audio was installed previously.

Also, I get this crackling ONLY with 4K material in the timeline. The codec is irrelevant. It occurs with 4K video from a wide variety of cameras.

If I leave a blank space on the video timeline, the audio crackling disappears immediately for the duration of that space.

*EDIT* Changing timeline resolution of 1080P makes the noise disappear for empty clips*

It reappears as soon as the timeline re-encounters 4K video.

If the video is 2K the crackling disappears immediately, too.

Clips played in the source viewer also produce crackling, even if the timeline isn't active, but does have 4K footage present.

Timeline resolution has no apparent effect on this audio problem, except as noted above - noise is not evident when clips are absent in the timeline and TL res is dropped to 1080P.

Do any of these symptoms appear in your system ?
Last edited by Peter McLennan on Thu May 19, 2022 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ASUS ROG X570-E motherboard, Ryzen 9 3900X, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD boot, 2TB NVMe work, Zotac RTX 3060 12 GB, Behrenger Uphoria UMC 404HD.

RikshaDriver

PostThu May 19, 2022 3:24 am

It's likely the intermittent crackling/popping issues are manifested under higher system load scenarios...

No two people will likely experience the same issue so any advice and responses given will be a hit and miss.

It's a similar issue with games where people will notice audio crackling and popping as well.

Resolve uses (or tries to use) all resources thrown at it...

It likely comes down to the individual hardware/software configuration and shared resource allocations being the bottleneck.

One possible solution for your audio crackling issues could be to follow these steps: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windo ... ol.378044/

as reported here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... mentPage=3

Try it at your own risk.
GitHub Projects: https://github.com/xtremestuff/
Commercial Plugins: https://xtremestuff.net/store/

SeldomSeenKid

PostThu May 19, 2022 7:18 am

NVidia HD audio adds your GPU outputs to the Windows audio device list if an audio device is detected (for example a monitor with in-built speakers).
I am using nVidia HD audio to drive my AVR (5.1) through HDMI. BTW no serious problems (free version).
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
# Threadripper 32 core / 160GB / RTX4000 8GB / WIN10 #
# BMCC / DVR17.4.6 Studio / Speed Editor / Tangent Ripple / X-Touch One / X-Touch mini / Space Explorer / 5.1 HDMI#

mp14mp14

PostThu May 19, 2022 2:03 pm

This conversation is kind of going different places. Let's try to give a clean information to BM so they can fix it soon.

this issue has nothing to do with overload the computer at all. an empty timeline with just one audio track will be enough to hear the audio artifacts.

I don't think Nvidia audio has nothing to do either. I got 3 GPU 3090 and I disabled all of them in the audio control panel. but it doesn't help

I don't think video codec has nothing to do either. I got different timelines with ursa 12k blackmagic Raw, Dji drone footage, gh6 clips and even iphone footage. all of them got the same issue.

One thing I would like to try but I don't know if its possible is to change timeline audio depth to 24bit instead of 32 bit. Even if my apollo interface is capable of 32 bit the audio config menu in windows only allows me to set 24 bit.
I'm saying this because the kind of audio artifacts I'm hearing reminds me in old days when an audio conversion
bit rate failed

mp14mp14

PostThu May 19, 2022 3:03 pm

Another thing I notice:

Davinci resolve a timeline with no audio at all, google chrome open searching for music in artlist.
if Davinci is playing then the glitches appear.
The timeline has no audio, I just do this to watch some of the video running in the background and feel the music I'm searching (audio is from the web google chrome not Davinci).

So whatever is it it's not a codec or bitrate conversion inside Davinci but more to do with and interaction between the audio process with the Davinci and windows

SeldomSeenKid

PostThu May 19, 2022 3:09 pm

Does DVR have exclusive control over the sound device?
Maybe you give the HDMI "clean-feed" a try, just for comparison.
# BMCC / DVR17.4.6 Studio / Speed Editor / Tangent Ripple / X-Touch One / X-Touch mini / Space Explorer / 5.1 HDMI#

peterjackson

PostThu May 19, 2022 4:55 pm

mp14mp14 wrote:Another thing I notice:

Davinci resolve a timeline with no audio at all, google chrome open searching for music in artlist.
The timeline has no audio, I just do this to watch some of the video running in the background and feel the music I'm searching (audio is from the web google chrome not Davinci).

So whatever is it it's not a codec or bitrate conversion inside Davinci but more to do with and interaction between the audio process with the Davinci and windows
What you describe matches exactly what DPC Latency issues by GPU drivers usually manifest.

I had exactly that with an 1080 Ti eGPU.
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

hockinsk

PostThu May 19, 2022 5:27 pm

Disable all audio devices other than Nvidia, if there's an option to make it exlusive, set it in Sound Control Panel or any controller app from Nvidia. Also set windows to use 48khz and also DaVinci. Disable any microphones, disconnect any other hardware I/O. Disable ethernet/wifi adapter and see what happens.
Intel i7, 32GB LPDDR4, NVIDIA GTX 1650 6GB, Windows 10, Davinci Resolve Studio 18.0.4

SeldomSeenKid

PostThu May 19, 2022 6:39 pm

Disable all audio devices other than Nvidia, if there's an option to make it exlusive, ...

Yep. This is what I meant. Try the HDMI output because it's the only route that doesn't travel through a USB controller. My assumption is that the problem (even if we have more than one problem in this thread) is somehow related to USB incontinence.

mp14mp14

PostThu May 19, 2022 7:13 pm

But HDMI is connected to one of the screens it makes no sense at all to use hdmi as an audio output.

I got 3 different options none works, apollo twin, focusrite scarlet 2i2, or PC output. all of them are ready to swith on my patchbay. hdmi are connected only video outputs in my case

mp14mp14

PostThu May 19, 2022 7:28 pm

Hi,
I found the solution at least on my system :)

It seems Davinci using CUDA is the problem!!!

I went to system config in Davinci menu, inside Memory and GPU I switched "GPU Processing mode" to OpenCL instead of Auto. restarted Davinci and all the problems where gone. I switched CUDA back restart and all the audio artifacts where there again, so for now I will keep that GPU configuration in OpenCL.

I'm not sure how OpenCL will perform vs CUDA. I got a huge project to edit right now with tons of 8K and 12k from ursa camera, mixed with GH6 DJI and other formats.

My system :
Nvidia 3090 x 3GPU
256Gb Ram
Apollo twin

mp14mp14

PostThu May 19, 2022 8:13 pm

well OpenCL is very very bad compare to CUDA. even with 3 3090 GPUs I can't play one track of 8k or 4k smooth on a 1080 timeline.

100% sure that the audio issue is CUDA. I manage to fixed and replicate the problem many times.
but OpenCL is not a solution at least not for me it plays awful

RikshaDriver

PostThu May 19, 2022 8:14 pm

The majority of issues/workarounds being talked about here point to the same issue that I’ve linked to from guru3d:

Shared interrupts are often the cause of high interrupt latency and can also cause stability issues. They are typically undesirable and a side effect of the limited number of physical interrupt lines on a computer.

On Win 10, I found that my GPU, Audio controllers and even network ports were all using shared interrupts so I reconfigured those following the steps from that post. I used to experience crackles and pops too.

mp14mp14

PostThu May 19, 2022 9:34 pm

Sorry Rikshadriver,
I don't fully understand your point. not sure what you mean

if windows is the problem any other apps using cuda should have the same issue, it doesn't happens when rendering 3D on c4d or working on after effects.

RikshaDriver

PostFri May 20, 2022 1:59 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Message_S ... Interrupts

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/p ... -paper.pdf

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.p ... opping-fix

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=25778

From reading thru various forum posts and the intel paper, it seems a lot of systems may be experiencing issues due to signaling bottlenecks on shared interrupts and reconfiguring hardware to use MSI fixes the crackling/popping.

Changing to OpenCL is likely only a temporary fix as it doesn't address the underlying issue and could possibly manifest again.

In Windows 10 at least, a lot of hardware still appears to use legacy IO interrupts. On Windows 11, my Laptop already uses MSI for all the hardware. Could be a hardware age thing as well... who knows.

On my Win 10 PC, my GPU, Audio controllers and Network cards were all using shared interrupts. I've reconfigured them to use MSI and haven't experienced any crackles or pops so far.

The instructions are on the guru3d forum:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windo ... ol.378044/

Not saying this will definitely fix your issue or anyone else's for that matter, but it's worth a shot.

hockinsk

PostFri May 20, 2022 8:46 am

The last couple of computers I've had, pretty much use MSI out the box? The only thing listed that doesn't is usually relating to the old serial controllers which I assume can't run that way?
Intel i7, 32GB LPDDR4, NVIDIA GTX 1650 6GB, Windows 10, Davinci Resolve Studio 18.0.4

Annabel_Shanderin

PostFri May 20, 2022 11:29 am

RikshaDriver wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Message_Signaled_Interrupts

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/p ... -paper.pdf

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.p ... opping-fix

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=25778

From reading thru various forum posts and the intel paper, it seems a lot of systems may be experiencing issues due to signaling bottlenecks on shared interrupts and reconfiguring hardware to use MSI fixes the crackling/popping.

Changing to OpenCL is likely only a temporary fix as it doesn't address the underlying issue and could possibly manifest again.

In Windows 10 at least, a lot of hardware still appears to use legacy IO interrupts. On Windows 11, my Laptop already uses MSI for all the hardware. Could be a hardware age thing as well... who knows.

On my Win 10 PC, my GPU, Audio controllers and Network cards were all using shared interrupts. I've reconfigured them to use MSI and haven't experienced any crackles or pops so far.

The instructions are on the guru3d forum:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windo ... ol.378044/

Not saying this will definitely fix your issue or anyone else's for that matter, but it's worth a shot.

GPU is already running in MSI mode and not sharing irq with anything else.

Screenshot (40).png
Screenshot (40).png (123.82 KiB) Viewed 4045 times

mp14mp14

PostFri May 20, 2022 11:34 am

Thanks Rikshadriver, but all that is way too much for a postproduction person like me.
I didn't understand 95% of that. and we shouldn't be tweaking anything Blackmagic needs to fix this issue. The software should work properly!!!
this is a bug on their software, windows fault maybe but microsoft shouldn't be fixing it is all BM fault!!!!!

I really think they know about it but they just can't fix o won't fix it right now

Annabel_Shanderin

PostFri May 20, 2022 11:44 am

peterjackson wrote:
mp14mp14 wrote:Another thing I notice:

What you describe matches exactly what DPC Latency issues by GPU drivers usually manifest.

I had exactly that with an 1080 Ti eGPU.

In my case, at least, I am very confident that there is no DPC latency problem. My execution times are very low (as per my latencymon report above), and I just tried Premiere Pro and was able to run multiple tracks of the same 4k video with effects at an audio buffer of 64 samples without being able to produce a single click or pop in the audio (with CUDA enabled). So, can we please direct the attention towards where it is due, as MP14 is pointing out: The problem is with Davinci Resolve.

Edit: Sorry to sound unappreciative – I really do appreciate you all trying to help! It's just frustrating to find out that one is trying to solve a problem which is out of ones hands. And judging from earlier posts of this forum, it seems that this is not a new bug.

mp14mp14

PostFri May 20, 2022 11:57 am

it's definitely a Davinci Resolve problem that affects windows.
Changing GPU from Cuda to Opencl fixed it but OpenCL sucks even with 3 Gpus installed.
it's not an overload issue, even playing an empty timeline with one audio track will be enough to replicate the problem.

and in my case as same as annabel the only way to get a clean audio out from davinci using cuda is thru the HDMI port which is awful and not a very clean solution I'm adding a mini plug from one of the monitors to the audio patchbay to get it into the mixer.

BM please fix this bug! Davinci is supposed to be a professional solution for edit and grading.

SeldomSeenKid

PostFri May 20, 2022 12:34 pm

... and in my case as same as annabel the only way to get a clean audio out from davinci using cuda is thru the HDMI port...

Ups, maybe I've overseen it but I am sure this was never mentioned before. So you are saying through HDMI you're getting clean audio?

*EDIT* One more thing: Is it correct that the problem doesn't occur with the free version?

mp14mp14

PostFri May 20, 2022 1:48 pm

correct, clean audio on HDMI port thru one of the 3090 cards.
I'm using studio version 17.4.6
Next

Return to DaVinci Resolve